GoKunming Forums

So where is the high speed railstation going to b?

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

I assume they are building a new railstation for the high-speed railway that will show up in the future. Anyone know where?

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

I think it is in, or heading out towards, Chenggong, and I believe it is finished, but not operational.

There appears to be a big railway yard just behind YunDa campus. Follow the lines south and you can see elevated sections. I am assuming this the the high speed rail track. But the rail facility is nowhere near the metro line.

bluegrass14 (126 posts) • 0

tigertiger is right, the railway station is in Chenggong. And it is a bit strange that the railway station is quite a distance from the metro line (well, not too far, but not very walkable). The station is located to the northeast of ShiDa, between university town and the government section of Chenggong.

The Dudeson's (1106 posts) • 0

@bluegrass
Look at the Train Station subway stop on line 1. Making sense is not part of Kunming city planning. Why bother planning your city all convenient, if you can make it a pain in the a**.

Btw. Does anyone know why the train station stop isn' accessible from the station? Did they lose the key, or did they forget which way to turn it? Or are they just allergic to competence?

I am glad they build the 300km of fast track so the trip to Shanghai gets shortened by. an hour+, that makes all the difference. Lol

Quester (233 posts) • 0

The subway map in the recent article (www.gokunming.com/[...] shows a branch line off line 1 going to Kunming Nan Zhan, which is also a stop on the hypothetical line 4. Is that the high speed rail station? It would seem to be planned to be accessible by subway, at least some day ...

Alexez (349 posts) • 0

I think purpose of building it far from subway is to create more jobs for diandongche/mianbaoche and other che drivers:-)

Haali (1178 posts) • 0

Yes, Kunming Nan Zhan 昆明南站 (south station). Test runs of high speed trains between KM & SH are happening as we speak. The station should open this autumn/winter, in time for spring festival.

Related forum threads

Login to post