GoKunming Forums

Kindergarten recommendations

JanJal (1243 posts) • 0

There is elementary school and "international kindergarten" side by side outside our house complex in Bin Jiang Jun - might be the school AlexKMG mentioned, as these are new houses just east of the river.

I have no idea how they work on the inside, but on the outside they appear just fine.

AmycaoAmycao (10 posts) • 0

Hi Mandrake, this is Amy. I have a Montessori homeschool right now and the reason I opened it is because of desire to provide a good education for our children. I am a Montessori teacher and I am making efforts to make it an authentic Montessori school. I love the Montessori system, the way it cultivates independent abilities, the preparation for mathematic thinking. It is a child centered classroom where children are free to choose their work. We teachers give lessons according to their sensitive period and their needs. I have two children and I think they have benefited so much already from this system. We have Chinese classes too. And we welcome different people from different places of the world to come and study together. A multicultural classroom is our ideal.

Mandrake (129 posts) • 0

Amy I've actually been trying to get a hold of you to come look at your school. Can you PM here your contact details or respond to the message I sent you on Facebook?

JanJal if it's not too much trouble next time you pass the kindergarten could you get a contact number?

Mandrake (129 posts) • 0

Thanks JanJal. I'm aware of the Better kindergarten franchises, in fact we're going to check one out near our home next week.

JanJal (1243 posts) • 0

I couldn't find a newer thread on this matter, so I'll update here.

Since my post above 3 years ago, we got a son and he will go to kindergarten (at 3 years old) in autumn next year (2020).

We are sending (or trying to send) ours to the above mentioned place (www.btkmedu.com/), because it looks nice and is right next to our block.

Although it is more than a year ahead, we were advised by a family friend (who's kid goes there) to already now go make preliminary registration (which we did). Final confirmation and payment would be made sometime Q1/2020.

The cost, according to the mentioned family friend, is 15000 RMB for half semester, so that'll be about 3000 RMB a month. Adding to that the needed supplies (bedding and some sort of clothes with first payment).

Prapancha (18 posts) • 0

Kid all grownz up, pretty fast huh?! Like adorable Bonnie in Toy Story 4. First day could be nerve-wracking as I recall. Felt like yesterday. Does this kindergarten have orientation for parents?

Related forum threads

Login to post