User profile: Amycao

User info
  • RegisteredAugust 29, 2014
  • RegionChina
  • VerifiedYes
  • RegisteredAugust 29, 2014

Forum posts

Forums > Living in Kunming > Renouncing Child's citizenship

Yeah, just do the entry/exit permit. If you have this, you can keep dual citizenship until your child is 18 years old. It is just a bit troublesome as you will need to apply for the entry/ exit permit every time you go to your home country.

Forums > Living in Kunming > Raising children

My husband is Canadian, and I am Chinese. We both speak English to our children and we communicate in English. Our Children are bilingual. Chinese is not a problem for your children if there's someone who speak Chinese to them in your family. Children are like sponge, they absorb everything. Between 0 to 3 years old, they are at their unconscious absorbent Mind stage, so it's the best time for them to learn language.

Forums > Living in Kunming > Kindergarten recommendations

Hi Mandrake, this is Amy. I have a Montessori homeschool right now and the reason I opened it is because of desire to provide a good education for our children. I am a Montessori teacher and I am making efforts to make it an authentic Montessori school. I love the Montessori system, the way it cultivates independent abilities, the preparation for mathematic thinking. It is a child centered classroom where children are free to choose their work. We teachers give lessons according to their sensitive period and their needs. I have two children and I think they have benefited so much already from this system. We have Chinese classes too. And we welcome different people from different places of the world to come and study together. A multicultural classroom is our ideal.


No results found.



No reviews yet