GoKunming Forums

Kindergarten recommendations

goldie122 (645 posts) • 0

As a second option, you could hire a babysitter, ayi, full time for your child for, well I'm not sure how much. He/she wouldn't get any English time but plenty of play time, well-taken care of, well fed, etc. Just a thought.

Mandrake (129 posts) • 0

Goldie hiring an ayi is no comparison to a kindergarten, I'm just trying to find a good kindergarten that has a balance between decent education and playtime. The problem in China is that most public education is skewed only towards education with little time for kids to play and enjoy their childhood.

The Dudeson's (1106 posts) • 0

Plus, the little ones need social interactions. for learning and playing. For them, seeing older kids and interacting with them, rocket boosts them into extreme progress.

Giving them ayi's or grow up with granny and poppa, and there is another entitled, whimsy little prince and princess in the making. and 1.3 bil. of them is enough....lol

Haali (1178 posts) • 0

I wouldn't describe most of China's whole population as entitled Dudeson! Some of the kids, yes, I've taught several of them, but they're no more annoying than some British kids.

Mandrake (129 posts) • 0

Has anyone heard about OIKOS run by Chris (seems to be foreign run), it's near Hai yuan temple on the third the third ring road in the North West of Kunming? I have contacted him but he doesn't seem to be forthcoming with information about his kindergarten.

How old is the child?

@Mandrake, I wasn't comparing going to school to having an ayi, like I said it was just a thought. Obviously, you are having difficulty finding what you want and I don't think that is going to change.

In the long run, Dudeson, its not going to matter either way whether he is watched by an ayi or goes to kindergarten for a few months.

For them, seeing older kids and interacting with them, rocket boosts them into extreme progress... really Dudeson? Rocket boosts them?

Mandrake (129 posts) • 0

@Goldie, my son is two and a half, three in August. I also agree that interacting with older kids does improve the rate of a child's development, it's well known that a second child does learn social interaction and skills faster due to growing up with an older sibling.

I agree Mandrake. I was mocking Dudeson for stating that the interaction rocket boosts them into extreme progress. Well, I've done it both ways meaning sending a child to kindergarten and having ayi take care of a child. Like I said, in the long run it's not going to make a difference in his life.

@Dudeson, having an ayi doesn't turn your child into a little emperor unless you are an absent parent.

Quester (233 posts) • 0

Mandrake, the one near Hai Yuan temple has a Chinese teacher and nearly all Chinese kids. A great kindy i think but just a small class, from what I hear I'm quite sure they are full up.
I know of another one in the north east, I'll see if I get some info.

Related forum threads

Login to post