GoKunming Forums

Dancing Grannies

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

Altough I admire that they are keeping in shape and enjoying themselves, they do tend to get out of hand and show no consideration for others. For the most part I can appreciate it.
news.yahoo.com/[...]

Magnifico (1981 posts) • 0

yeah, there should be BIG PARKS for these women to dance, NOT IN PARKING LOTS

neddy (277 posts) • 0

It is cultural, and hardly a big deal. China is a communal society. Itis something foreigners just must accept.

did you read the article neddy?

it's not foreigners that are complaining.

there was another thread a while back about people complaining about noise. so maybe that's why you assumed it was laowai?

people complain about lack of culture. this is culture, isn't it?

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

"Predictions based on the 2010 census suggest that there will be nearly 210 million women over 55 in China in 2020"

That's means there are 200+ million Chinese women over fifty years old right now!

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

@Otto Melon
That's an ignorant statement. The volume of the music is usually quite loud. They often block essential pedestrian walk way. We are not talking about 3-5 grannies here. We are talking about 20+. The culture is changing by the Chinese themselves. They are the ones who are complaining.

Otto Melon (46 posts) • 0

My point is that, whatever their nationality, when people have REAL problems in their lives they don't complain about dancing grannies.

Btw, saying that my statement is ignorant implies that you know all about what I know and what I don't know - a bold claim indeed, based on one sentence! Like I said earlier - "IMAO".

Related forum threads

Login to post

This thread is locked.