GoKunming Forums

Dancing Grannies

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

@Otto Melon
It doesn't implies that at all, only that statement.

Otto Melon (46 posts) • 0

OK, you win. You are completely right, as always. I've got better things to do than argue about dancing grannies. Don't know why I bothered in the first place. Guess I just like showing my ignorance.

Tonyaod (824 posts) • 0

@mmeddy, so you stock answer to every topic is "it's cultural"??? How ignorant and arrogant is that.

Imagine a Chinese citizen learning about the racial protests in Furgeson and shrug it off as cultural. Or worse, telling a Black man to not be upset because it's cultural. Please show us you are capable of an intelligent thought by not being a Pavlov's dog.

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

@Otto Melon
Ha.Ha. Good boy! Now don't forget to talk your medication. Ha.Ha.

Well I wasn't planning on saying anything else, but Tonyaod has just made my point for me... equating the evils of racism with the evils of dancing grannies. You really need to get things in perspective!

neddy (277 posts) • 0

Tony, I hardly think that dancing grannies are on the same level as racial violence One must learn to discern.

Dazzer (2813 posts) • 0

otto did you read the article? it is chinese complaining, not expats. there was a case in chongqing or chengdu last year where an old chinese guy took a shotgun and fired over the heads of the dama, coz of the noise.

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

Culture preferences change - what's the surprise? Although I've got to object to a cultural move towards shotgun blasts to control the noise of grannies.

Dazzer...
1. Yes, I did read the article.
2. Did YOU read my posts? Did I say anything about expats complaining? No. I specifically said "whatever their nationality". I was careful NOT to make this a culture issue.

Tonyaod (824 posts) • 0

@Otto melon, please take things in context. The comment is within the context of mmeddy's prevalence to trivialize everything without thought. However, I can tell you more that one university student have told me they don't understand why Black people are so angry when they live such a comfortable life, a Chinese person would never complain about government abuse. All a matter of perspective.

Related forum threads

Login to post

This thread is locked.