GoKunming Forums

Cheapest flight to leave China regardless where

paulwind6 (20 posts) • 0

Hello everyone,

Due to my particular VISA (Business M), I need a flight that proves I leave China at a certain date more or less. However I will probably leave China to Laos by train or to myanmar by bus for travel purpose.
I thus need a website (if it exists) that tells me for a certain date, where is it the cheapest from Kunming to a city outside mainland China.
Or maybe you guys know generally speaking from Kunming, which international destination can be purchased at very low price?

Thanks for your help

Magnifico (1981 posts) • 0

maybe air asia to kuala lumpur.

go to airasia.com and type in any date, but then scroll to check the prices on different days as the prices vary quite a bit.

ray6228 (2 posts) • 0

If it's for visa purposes, you can book a flight to Hong Kong (which counts as outside mainland China) for relatively cheap.

When getting my visa I simply booked the flight, printed the receipt, and then immediately cancelled the flight (the government is none the wiser).

ricsnapricsnap (193 posts) • 0

Try www.skyscanner.com/ (use VPN if you get redirected to another url) and enter "Everywhere" into the destination field.
Wego.cn is another excellent engine, probably more complete for Asia, without that option though...

rejected_goods (349 posts) • 0

try the Hong kong Express Airways.

the website www.hkexpress.com

I travel with them often. it currently has "fanfare" costing about 812 all inclusive. accommodation there is a different story all together. be aware, at this price, you can not cancel the flight. :-)

flyer90 (7 posts) • 0

air asia to bangkok or kl is certainly the cheapest. also, you can't take a train to laos (yet). but you can get to the vietnamese border in 6 hrs for under 200 rmb via train!

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

If you are thinking of costs You also need to consider processing times, as this will affect accommodation and living costs.
In HK they used to do a 2 day service, actually collected the next working day. This means basically one night in a hotel (HK prices) and eating out costs, more expensive in HK than other places.
If somewhere requires 5 working days, this can be 7 calendar days, and so 6 nights food and accommodation needs to be allowed for. We had a guy got stuck in Vietnam for 2 weeks. Check for any public holidays.

Make sure that the consulate does work visas for your Nationality. There are also some oddities. In Thailand the Chinese consulates in Bangkok and Phuket do not do work visas for non-Thai nationals, but the consulate in Changmai will do them.

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

@paulwind6. Why not just buy a flight to Laos or Myanmar and make use of it? As other posters pointed out, you won't be taking the train to Laos or crossing by bus into Myanmar.

Magnifico (1981 posts) • 0

@flyer90, do you know a web site which has the train schedule for that train to the vietnam border?

Related forum threads

Login to post