GoKunming Forums

Wedding Proposal Ideas

stupidegg (3 posts) • 0

Hi

I am tavelling to Kunming, Dali and Lijiang in April with my girlfriend and I am thinking about proposin to her there.

Does anybody have any good ideas for possible locations?

Many thanks!!

stupidegg (3 posts) • 0

Hahaha good point!

We are going to do the Tiger Leaping Gorge, so I'll bear that in mind.

Any other ideas from people?

jings (7 posts) • 0

Lijiang old town, any high spot, where you can overlook the whole city, maybe sometime around sunset

laotou (1714 posts) • 0

Umm...this is my second post plugging the Intercontinental Hotel - I don't work there - no relationship, no kickback.

KUNMING INTERCONTINENTAL HOTEL
That being said (and assuming you believe me) - the Intercontinental Hotel - 5 star international ranking (vs Chinese 5 star ranking).

POSH....classy, and you can make it an annual thing, a 5-10 year anniversary thing...good luck and happy trails...

For LiJian etc - look for internationally ranked 5 star brands (starwood, marriott, hyatt, intercontinental, etc)...posh, classy...and the hotels don't usually disappear the following year...

stupidegg (3 posts) • 0

Looking over Lijiang is a good idea.

A posh hotel isn't so good, we aren't the type of couple who enjoys expensive things just because they are expensive!

Thanks for the ideas though!

laotou (1714 posts) • 0

The INTERCONTINENTAL also sits on the edge of Lake Dianchi - beautiful day and sunset location. Five star hotels are five star hotels because they usually also occupy prime real estate...vacation resort level.

It's not expensive to be expensive - it's expensive because of quality of service, location, ambience, and quality of food (and perhaps somewhat also - quality of people).

If you choose Lijiang - try to include a setting which includes the major minority group in that sector - the Naxi people group (and their equally distinctive dress).

Regardless - good luck and best wishes with your proposal - hope it's a GOOD memory for you both.

Related forum threads

Login to post