Culture Nov 30 – Dec 1 • Free entry
Welcome to the Creative Valley!
A weekend jam-packed full of bite-sized creative learning experiences. Suspend your daily life and let your creativity flow against the magical and inspiring backdrop of the Yunnan countryside.
You don’t have to be an artist to be creative.
Take some time out to do something fruitful, using your hands and learning a new skill is proven to boost well-being! Of course, it is also a lot of fun!
Think you’re not creative? Maybe you just haven’t found your thing!
This event is for you if:
-You love the outdoors.
-You want to try something new, that will push you outside your comfort zone.
-You're looking for a creative outlet.
-You like other people.
-You need a breath of fresh air.
-You need to busy your hands while inspiring your senses.
-You enjoy the comfort of good friends and the fascination of meeting new friends
-You can't imagine any social experience without good food & drink
-You're a practical person (or the opposite) and you'd like to use your thumbs for way more than texting your friends?
Here's our answer to your desire. For one, two or three hours or even a whole afternoon, join our workshops and reinvent yourself, become a yogi, or practice taiji. Learn carpentry, start fermenting like there is no tomorrow or launch a new original jewelry line. We are sure you’ll find something that gets your creativity flowing.
After such creative stimulation there, of course, will be plenty of time to relax in a hammock, go for a hike or watch a movie in our outdoor cinema in the evening.
The more adventurous types can pitch a tent and spend the night under the stars, listening to the orchestra of the creatures of the night.
Get creative, people! There’s something for everyone!
The schedule will be posted at a later date.
Kombucha by Tim
Natural soaps and candles by Ivy
Handmade Jewellery by Asa
Furniture making by Mark
Taiji by Peter
Zen Yoga by Greeny
Ashtanga Yoga by Jian
Color meditation by Viogem
Acro Yoga & Dragon staff by Rachel
The movie screening will start on Saturday the 30th after 6 pm
The venue is located on a 250000sqm land that is fun and easy to explore, for experienced hikers it’s possible to hike up to the Xishan mountain which can take up to 6 hours both ways. This won’t be organized by this event, so do that on your own risk.
The land Spirit Tribe is on is not only an area of breathtaking natural beauty but also our home. As well as having an amazing time please respect the nature, environment and our home. There are a few conditions that everyone attending Spirit Tribe needs to adhere to.
1. Absolutely under no circumstances are any fires of any kind allowed. The event will be held during the dry season and forest fires are a very real danger. This also means that no BBQs, charcoal, petroleum, firelighters, gas, electric stoves or cooking apparatus of any kind are allowed on the site. Neither are glass bottles as they also are a fire hazard.
2. No illegal substances may be brought onto the site.
3. No outside food or drinks can be brought in. This is a free to attend event, so the food and drinks you purchase from our bar will go towards covering our costs.
4. Attendees agree to abide by all of the laws of The People’s Republic of China. Anyone found to be doing anything illegal will be reported to the authorities
5. Aggressive and violent behavior is totally against everything we stand for. Please respect all your fellow tribes people and help to create a positive space full of creativity, freedom and exchange
6. Please help us to look after the environment by taking care of your rubbish. We will supply you with rubbish bags, keep our home clean.
Food & Drinks
Our kitchen will provide a variety of delicious home-cooked dishes with vegetarian and vegan options. If you get thirsty there is a fully stocked bar at your service.
We have a limited number of dormitory beds and double rooms available. If you’d like to sleep under the stars we can also provide camping equipment. Please contact us and reserve to avoid disappointment.
Double room RMB150
Dorm bed RMB80
Tent+mattres+sleeping bag RMB50
There are hot showers and toilets on site.
The gates will open at 10 am on Saturday, and the event will end at 6 pm the following day. There is no parking space at the venue.