GoKunming Forums

Can any photo enthusiasts offer some advice?

Dazzer (2813 posts) • 0

as soon as it is out of the box the price drops 20-30%. so you would rather give it away than sell at the proper price. splash.

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

Amazon won't ship this camera to China (I just tried with a Kunming zip code). Even if it did, it would easily be a another 35usd in shipping charges, and you'd have to trust delivery of a valuable piece of electronics inside of China. When this model first came out, retail in a China store was 2800rmb. Furthermore, the one available for sale in China was made in China. Mine is made in Japan.

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

Oh yes, I forgot to answer the your question. Yes, I'd rather give it away than sell at 20-30% off the 'proper' price for a camera you can't even have shipped to China and would cost you much more retail here and end up with a China not Japan assembled model.

Magnifico (1981 posts) • 0

It's the Canon SX500 IS? It's selling for ¥2198.00 at amazon.cn and you won't find it cheaper in the stores. So sounds like he's selling it for a great price.

By the way, I contacted B&H photo once and they said they ship to China. But need to pay shipping (50 - 60 USD) and not sure if there would be extra duty fees.

Kernalpanx (74 posts) • 0

It is all about capturing light. I have had camera phone pictures purchased as well as pictures from my fuji x100....I always carry the fuji and my olympus omd the 20 1.8 the 45 1.7 and the 7-15 .... I never even bother with my full frames anymore.... They all go to print.

There is a excellent youtube video with a full frame and a iPhone 5... Using the same lighting equipment in studio. When printed for print advertising the consumer could not tell the difference.. Unless you are digging at pixels ... Now I am not saying a nice camera doesn't make the difference... But the best camera is always the one you have with you.

The other thing... What are you going to do with your images.. Print web? Buy the Sony RX100 make sure you love photography .. Carry it with you everywhere.. Get creative.. Then move on if you want.
I showed up at a friends wedding with my x100 ... 3 photographers with a good 35000 dollars worth of a equipment. Bride groom and family loved the 175 images I just gave them for free... More then what they paid for. It is capturing what you see... Now that all said ... Buy canon Nikon or Sony if living in china. Just for the support.

Prime lens do not zoom... Your feet are your zoom. You will be a better photographer not using a zoom. You will learn to frame and compose better with out a zoom.
Just my 2 cents for what it is worth. Now go capture some light.

Related forum threads

Login to post