GoKunming Forums

BillDan return petition

BillDan (268 posts) • 0

@ Heller But then where would I find bitter, stalking trolls like you back in the nearly flawless nation of America who actually keep up with something I am doing. There no body gives me a second thought. Here I have people like to you who give me a sense of belonging and purpose. Who read my posts here and take the time to get back. My own mom does not do that. Thanks man. I love you. I don't mean that in a gay way, but I am open to trying it once.

@ laotou That was great! Actually good writing, some sort of Norman Mailer thing going on. yea I hate taxis here too. Horrible. Maybe I can switch from food to taxis. One or the other will eventually kill me here (**Heller jumping in twisted glee**).

Heller (62 posts) • 0

Shits all over Kunming food, shits all over local Western restaurants, and admits to liking McDonalds. And i'm the troll?

You can take the boy outta Texas...

Magnifico (1981 posts) • 0

BillDan's reviews are harsh, but at least he doesn't make stuff up.

The same cannot be said for some of the 5 star reviews, which seem more like advertisements and plugs.

So I think it all balances out.

And no, Billdan, you don't come across as being the least bit creepy.

laotou (1714 posts) • 0

I enjoy @billdan's pseudo-troll reports so I know what to expect on a bad day. Also - I've noticed I've become extremely complacent regarding food - the chinese "close enough" mentality or culture...although I still believe the bluebird cafe is actually rather nice, taken as a package.

I've had sensational meals at Rocco's and some seriously worse than my own cooking (I can burn water, while trying to boil it) meals there. FYI - I once tried to heat up some boiled eggs in the microwave. Now, I know that eggs explode if you try to microwave them - so I shelled them first - exploded anyway - just without the eggshells to clean up...blech - what a mess...but moving right along, so I don't accidentally hijack my own thread...

So generally, I read the rah rah reviews then scoot on down the page to see what foods to avoid from @BillDan's reviews.

bjtokm (193 posts) • 0

I just went through and read billdan's reviews....I will admit that the Mexican one is a little ridiculous ..but even that one i agree with(I have given them 3 times to put something worthwhile on a plate,did not happen) The sad truth is the Kunming food situation is weak! Not to say that there is not good stuff( some amazing stuff!!). The local food is dirty, to the point where i am scared to eat at local spots not tried or recommended by someone who knows..And I love ..I mean LOVE street food and Chinese food in general. The western food here is lackluster at best...aside from a couple places doing a couple things right...its a sad showing for a city of this size with the food culture and history we have here... Honestly, I think it comes down to laziness from both parties! Local and expat owned alike...The good news is the market is wide open for someone to do some good work here and blow us away!

blueice (73 posts) • 0

i don`t think i saw your posts from before about chess and AA as i only check gokm from time to time, but km has an AA chapter. it's very small and in chinese, but if you're interested i can give you a contact number. they connect (via the interwebs) daily with other AA chapters throughout china as well.

i know it's not the same, but chinese chess at parks or by the side of the road is kind of entertaining.

Related forum threads

Login to post