GoKunming Forums

International Post Office

jpreezey (23 posts) • 0

Does anyone know the new location of the international post office? I have been told that it is down by Kunming Train station. But no one has been able to tell me an exact address. Please help me out. I have a package waiting for me there.

mike4g_air (788 posts) • 0

It's on Beijing lu, the international post office is a few blocks south on Bj lu from the Visa office, same side. It's across from a hospital with the name Rail Way Hospital.

Geezer (1953 posts) • 0

The International Post Office has been closed. It was at 231 Beijing Lu.

You can go to the China Post at 225 Beijing Lu and they can help you. It is about 50m south of the old location. I have sent mail at the China Post with no problems.

I think the hospital is the Yunnan Third People's Hospital (NOT the Kunming Third People's Hospital).

laotou (1714 posts) • 0

Assuming it's the same place - you have to go "around the back" to get to the INTL PO. The front desk will tell you the same. If you can't speak Chinese yet - just wave your passport - they'll usually point out the door - which means go outside and find the entrance to the back offices. The INTL PO is to the right. There's you'll find a large warehouse that looks more like a glorified trash can (garbage all over the place). Your package will be in one of the pseudo-walled rooms to the right.

I'm guessing that keeping the location clean and NOT a fire hazard is someone else's responsibility OTHER than the staff who staff the chairs.

The staff are pleasant enough - but tend to move at a pace comparable to petrified wood.

Dazzer (2813 posts) • 0

@laotou
You say that "The staff are pleasant enough - but tend to move at a pace comparable to petrified wood."
Not much different to the USPS then?

Related forum threads

Login to post