GoKunming Forums

Bus Card

atwillden (109 posts) • 0

Does anyone know where to go to purchase one of the bus cards used on the public transit system around town? A few friends have given me vague answers like go to Xiaoximen and look around or just find a bus station, but I was hoping to get some more specific directions. Thanks in advance!

ludwig (104 posts) • 0

Yes, it is at Xiaoximen, in the block where the Walmart is. Go on Renmin Xilu and take the second (?) street south after the big intersection, the office is on the right hand side. Impossible to miss, you will also find zillions of people selling little wallets for the cards outside.

AlPage48 (1394 posts) • 0

I guess it would depend on where in the city you live. There is an office at the north bus terminal just off of LinYu Lu that also has the bus passes. I'm going to guess that all of the major terminals would have an office that does the same.

Becoming Liz (16 posts) • 0

Yes, all the bus terminals handle the bus cards issuing. For instance, Xiaoximen Bus Terminal, Liangjiahe Bus Terminal.....

English Tutour (123 posts) • 0

Could anyone give me the name of the street that the Xiaoximen bus terminal is on, in the block where the Walmart is in Pinyin and Chinese characters? I know where Xiaoximen is but not where the terminal or Walmart are. Many thanks in advance!

Geezer (1953 posts) • 0

Here is the address:

Kunming Bus IC Kashou Kachongzhi Center
39 Xi'an Road 西安路 39
Wuhua, Kunming, Yunnan, China

From the dongfen xi lu and renmin Lu intersection, walk west on renmin xi lu, on the south side. The street is the second street on the right (note about even with the beginning of the up ramp to the flyover is the first street which is pretty much an alley). When you get to the second street, you can see the office on the right side about 60 meters up the street. Go in the first door. They are pretty helpful there.

English Tutour (123 posts) • 0

Dearest Geezer (not old, right?!)
Thank you so much for the excellent directions to buy a bus card. Actually it's Xian Ma Lu but I got it!! The street number 39 was very helpful. Outside there are even vendors who sell bus card holders and neck/wrist straps. All very convenient.

Related forum threads

Login to post