GoKunming Forums

Big Foot needs shoes.

Ian_Kunming (126 posts) • 0

Ok, here we go again, any news on the shoe front?
Need size 46 / 47 and am getting desperate - down to my last pair.

Can anyone recommend a shop...?
Cheers.

AlPage48 (1394 posts) • 0

How about places that are not online? I would never buy a pair of shoes I have not actually tried on my feet.

Last time I tried to buy shoes in Kunming they could not find a pair I could actually get on, and my feet are not that big (although I don't know my size in Chinese measure).

CromsonCromson (145 posts) • 0

Taobao sells size 46, but its a real size from 44 to 45. I have to import my shoes, pants... its a waste of time shopping for them here.

gbtexdoc (218 posts) • 0

I found big shoes (45/46) in the Shekou Division of Nanshan District in Zhenzhen last year. 深圳市南山区蛇口. Lots of expats live there. Several stores clustered together near the Fuzon Hotel 金銮富众酒店 had clothes in large sizes, presumably in the interest of foreign clients. Prices were not low. If you are going to Shenzhen for some other reason, I can probably locate the address of the shoe store, though I don't have it handy just now.

Ahmet (98 posts) • 0

I wear size 49 (13 US!). Finding shoes in Kunming was a waste of time. I wound up stocking up on shoes during my "reset-the-visa-clock" trips to Hong Kong. Large sizes were even issue in Beijing and Shanghai.

nnoble (889 posts) • 0

I may have exactly what you need in both brown and black. Have sent pvt message with contact details.

BillDan (268 posts) • 0

I would wear what would be a 45 I guess, or maybe a 44, and it is hard enough to find those sizes. Mind you, sometimes they will bring out shoes with a tag that says 44 or 45, but they are smaller than the 43's I am forced into wearing. I take all the in-sole padding out of some 43's and they tend to work well enough but will still get foot pain if I walk too long in them. After I take that stuff out of the shoe they become more doable though, that is for sure.

we tried the Taobao option too and ordered a pair of 46's actually. And I could not wear them they were so small. There are a couple places I found that said they can order but they want a deposit and it sounded like the return of the deposit was not always 100% guaranteed.

I picked up a couple pair in Shanghai over the holiday but the options were not great really. I did not have enough time to shop and the shoes I got were not really what I would have selected if I had a choice, but they fit well enough. I picked up a pair once in Xi'an as well, but the soles wound up cracking in half on both shoes in less than a year so I cannot wear them if it rains or my socks get wet. Deal is many of my male Chinese students have similar problems.

Would not waste time online or having places order them for you and wanting a deposit. If the shoe fits, buy it.

Related forum threads

Login to post