GoKunming Forums

90 day tourist visa extensions

harukimurakami (27 posts) • 0

I entered Kunming on a 30 day double entry tourist visa last month.

I went to the PSB on Beijing Lu today and they are processing my application for a 90 day extension to my tourist visa. In case it's of interest to anyone, here's what I needed:

1. Passport (and photocopies of front page and visa page)
2. Proof of residence – 住宿证.If you're staying in a hostel/hotel, you just write that.
3. 2 inch passport photo *1

I also brought a Kunming local along with me, who is vouching for my application, and she brought along her:

1. Id card- 身份证 (and photocopy)
2. Hukou 户口 document (and photocopies) note- you need someone with a Kunming hukou

My friend was required to handwrite and sign a letter saying that she is vouching for me (template provided at PSB).

The customer service officer told me that I will be able to leave and re-enter China once (in accordance with my existing visa conditions). Regardless, my visa will expire 90 days from now. I will pick up my visa a week from today- I don't believe they provide a rush service, though I didn't ask. In Kunming, flexibility trumps efficiency, and I'll take the lack of a rush service for generous days extensions.

Hope this is useful to the international community.

sen.hope (23 posts) • 0

Can I do this 3month tourist visa through a Kunming friend every 3 months?

And can my Kunming friend invite two persons? (me and my wife)

Thank you!

Toshi (28 posts) • 0

You can only extend for 90 days one on a tourist visa and a Kunming resident can only "invite" one person. Good luck!

sen.hope (23 posts) • 0

Thank you Toshi!

But it is possible to do it in other cities like Dali as well? Or does it just work in Kunming?

Allan (4 posts) • 0

what u r talking about is the 'visit friends and family' extension of your L visa. it is obtainale at any visa office in china that u live in, but offices can vary greatly in what is required of your chinese sponsor in the letter in which he vouches for you, and the assistance they provide him in preparing it for you.

Related forum threads

Login to post