GoKunming Forums

A good hamburger?

Geezer (1953 posts) • 0

No way does a McD burger taste the same in China compared to the US. In Bangkok I tried McD's and, in my opinion, it was better than in China. To be fair, I haven't been in a China McD for several years.

Buns, good buns, can be found at Wicker Basket.

Hazelnut (11 posts) • 0

My personal favorite burgers are from Salvador's, Prague Cafe in Beichen and Sandra's, if she is doing burgers on her BBQ nights.

The meat quality is more than questionable at most places. And for a good hamburger this is all what should count.

Making your own burger is a good idea. It is simple and easy and you can also easily bake your own buns. I disagree with Geezer, the Wicker Basket bun's are not good.

Anyway, enjoy making or having them.

onelegged (28 posts) • 0

Wicker Basket in the south makes terrible burgers and sandwiches.

I am going to order 100 burgers from French Cafe and use them for soundproofing, or maybe make them into boxes for moving house.

Vintage Cafe's burger would make a good soup if you threw it into simmering water with some veggies and left it there for 3 hours,

Salvador's so far seems to use the best ingredients, but the flavoring seems way off.

BTW I agree that a burger doesn't need spices etc.
That is what sauces are for, and sauces are great because they are optional. I DO believe burgers need veggies though.

bucko (695 posts) • 0

Best burger?.....leave Kunming. Come to Xiamen, Hacieng Park to Texas BBQ. Just like backhome. Or stop in BK for a Whopper if you are a fast food junkie. Makes MD look like a swill shop.

laotou (1714 posts) • 0

With the exception of food poisoning and using recycled sewer oil - the best hamburgers are home-made by my wife. We know the ingredients, she doesn't knowingly use sewer oil, and anything my wife cooks (or burns) is made with love and marital and family responsibility - so I RESpect and appreciate her efforts - unlike restaurants where we EXpect service.

oyarsa (17 posts) • 0

I've ridden my motorcycle a few times an hour out of Kunming to Spring City Golf Course (on Yangzong Lake) just to visit the club house and have their hamburger. It is honestly one of the best I've had in China. 58 kuai gets you a huge burger with a generous amount of fresh bacon, a good 1/3 lb. of imported beef, lots of cheese, all the fixins and some thick cut fries... after typing that I am jonesing for one...

Not to mention you can sit on the balcony and enjoy the view of the golf course and lake, well worth the trip on a nice day.

zhubajie (57 posts) • 0

"Does 100% beef mean all of the animal??? hoofs, hair, entrails, lips ect??"
Why do you think they grind it all up?

tim7175 (20 posts) • 0

Chinese meat vendors are injecting water in the meat to gain more weight. It's well known secret. Just another scam in China.

Related forum threads

Login to post