GoKunming Forums

A good hamburger?

onelegged (28 posts) • 0

I realized yesterday that I haven't eaten a hamburger in ages.

I am sure some people consider "good hamburger" an oxymoron, but I really like a good burger once in a blue moon.

So where can I find one? I am not expecting perfection here, but a passable burger.

I do recall....

French cafe....burger was crappy in every way.
Mcdonald's... gross, thin and no veggies.
Salvador's..meat and veggies were decent but waaaay to salty and bun was too big, heavy, sour, and intense.

I haven't tried anywhere else... keep in mind that, IMHO, the term "burger " indicates grilled beef, with at least lettuce and tomato.

Geezer (1953 posts) • 0

For some reason, a good hamburger is non-existent in Kunming, except, of course, the ones I make.

To all purveyors of stuff called "hamburger" here is what it really is:

100% ground beef, a bun, optional: slice of tomato, a bit of lettuce, and/or a slice of cheese if you want a cheeseburger.

Toast or grill the two bun halves. Cook the meat at high heat.

In a hamburger there is no chicken, water, fillers, salt, pepper, herbs or spices, only 100% ground beef best if run through the grinder twice. Also, should be ground when the beef is cold.

You form the beef patty with your hands. Make it larger than the bun diameter to cover shrinkage due to the added water $$ being boiled out of the meat.

Best cheese to use is American Cheese — Land'O Lakes is what I use.

Note, the meat (BEEF) is hamburger, the bun is the bun. NO #%*&@#$ CHICKEN in a hamburger!

I cannot figure out what is put into the hamburger (meat) in this town. Everybody adds it something and it turns to crap.

So simple: ground BEEF, a bun, maybe cheese for a cheeseburger and rabbit food to taste if you like. PERIOD! FULL STOP!

Greenstripes (4 posts) • 0

Here is a tip how to get the nices burger you ever eaten.

Get drunk. Stay drunk, try not think about eating. Once you are going home from a bar. Hit Mc Donalds. The burger will taste like the best burger you've ever had

laotou (1714 posts) • 0

@greenstripes - is that on the way down, on the way back up, or on the way out?

laotou (1714 posts) • 0

@dazzer
Had to google that word - actually, I meant the act of pooping - like peeing when extremely inebriated - can also feel good (unless one poops in one's pants). I scored low on the SATs - couldn't do consistent comparisons...

Randomist (1 post) • 0

@Geezer

Says who? Just because that's the standard idea of an American hamburger, that doesn't mean it the ONLY and best way to to make a burger. Adding, herbs and spices (especially basic stuff such as salt and pepper) can definitely improve the burger, as can adding pork or other meats. I add lot's of stuff to mine and guess what? It tastes better than simply 100% ground beef. Each to their own. Don't be so narrow minded!

Related forum threads

Login to post