GoKunming Forums

never ever work for this school in Jinghong, Xishuangbanna

Yuanyangren (297 posts) • 0

Jinghong sounds like a nice place to live and work...if you can find the right school to work at; clearly this one wasn't one of them.

EnglishTeacher (101 posts) • 0

Attacking the posters doesn't help anyone. Anyway, thanks tanya386 for the heads up! Forewarned is for forearmed. Hope you and your wife are happy in your new environment. Best wishes!

mike4g_air (788 posts) • 0

Thanks for sharing your missfortune with us, many will be aware of this tyrant.
Do you have any names other than the leon character??

These liars show up in different costumes..

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

Some good points to learn from this experience. Never accept a job offer without first going to the location to see the school, meet the staff, see the dorms and so on. I had a job offer from a school that provided a house. Thank goodness I saw the house before I made a decision.

It would have been more prudent to visit once before you move the entire family. Also, I have my own contract in both chinese and English. It has taken me some time to make this contract complete as I have cut and paste many parts from other contracts I have seen over the years.

Most importantly, never take anything for granted. I do NOt believe anything unless I see it with my own eyes.

eric25001 (41 posts) • 0

Nothing personal but;

I hope technology will make ALL the english teaching a thing of the past. Maybe a brain down load? Maybe a robot one on one responsive instructor.

Untill then I suggest if the family is not fluent in English they hire a very good english speaking maid from the phillipines. As cheap as the less than effective English instruction and better results.

Just my opinion.

Dazzer (2813 posts) • 0

but sadly illegal, big clampdown on filipinos/as domestics a few years back. now with new regs you as employer are also fined if they get caught

Silvio DaVinci (282 posts) • 0

Question:

Today I saw a "Big Mouth English School" in South Kunming.
Apparently it's some sort of chain.
Does anyone have any experience working for a different BMES than the one in Xishuangbanna?
I'm curious as I'm looking to pick up teaching again.

Related forum threads

Login to post