GoKunming Forums

China Visa problems PLEASE HELP - URGENT!!!

luke1803 (1 post) • 0

I'm posting on behalf of my girlfriend who got her visa in Laos about three months ago.

She recently got a teaching osition and they sent her to Hong Kong to get her Z Visa. The problem was when she got to the Kunming airport they said that her Laos visa was only one month despite it saying in her passport that it expires on the 20th of this month.

Because of this she couldn't leave Kunming to travel to Hong Kong and therefore can't get her Z visa.

Does anyone know what we can do to fix this? It's either a typo on her passport or on the database so I can't see as there's anything she's done that's illegal.

Contacting the US Embassy is number one priority but as for that we don't know what to do.

Please help us I really don't want to risk her being deported!!

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

Did you go to the Visa place on BeiJing Lu to find out what happen? Maybe they can straighten it out for you.

sanyiseul (104 posts) • 0

As for tourist visas, right now you only get a one month visa in the countries around.

If the Chinese Embassy gave her a 3 month visa as it is written in her passport, this was probably a mistake done by them. That would explain why there is only a one month visa in their system.
Defenitly go to the PSB on Beijing Lu.

They will be able to fix this.

mehnyaa (52 posts) • 0

hmmm... i believe that you are able to get a VISA that is valid for more than a month.. as far as i know there is the 3 month visa, 6 months visa, 1 year visa with multiple or single entry................

However,for you to be eligible for these visa, you need to meet some requirement. Eg; if i fly to Thailand, I get a 3 months visa but if i go by land, i get a 1 month visa at the border... Am pretty sure this is the same for CHinese visa too....

I am sure the visa that was issued is valid for 3 months. Even if someone had made a mistake, that would be the person at the Chinese Embassy in Laos. Not your fault.
You have to be firm. OTherwise, they make you pay a hefty fine for the "overstayed" period. Just be firm with them .

tigertiger - moderator (5092 posts) • 0

The airport guys know their stuff.

I am inclined to think that this is a 30 day visa valid for 3 months.

As in, it must be used within 3 months of issue.
Pay the fine, however this can be negotiated down, and often is for genuine misunderstandings.

However, you may indeed need to go back to home country to renew the visa.

hadley (4 posts) • 0

The airport guys do NOT know their stuff, and I wouldn't trust their word on anything. They are not well trained, and more often than not they are belligerent. I suppose they don't want to openly admit their incompetence to a foreigner.

Go to the PSB. I think you will find that the people at the airport were mistaken.

hadley (4 posts) • 0

I'd also see if they can pay for your airline ticket, since they are the ones that screwed up. But that might be pushing it.

Tianli (42 posts) • 0

tigertiger is probably right, this is a pretty common source of mistake for foreigners:
- the visa is valid 3 months, i.e. you can enter the Chinese territory up to 3 months after the issue date.
- the visa allows you to stay 30 days only after your entry

mehnyaa (52 posts) • 0

Nah, you cannot negotiate the fine if you are at fault.
True, nothing they say is solid. I believe that if she has been given a 3 months ( if it is stated on the visa), then you can't be punished for that even if they weren't allowed to give a 3 months visa.
AS i have mention before and I will mention again, there are different kind of visa available, different period of validity. I am 100% sure that there are 1 month visa, 3 months visa, 6 months visa and a 1 year visa.
If your gf has indeed received a 3 months visa, then you should know that it is possible for her to receive such visa.

Related forum threads

Login to post