GoKunming Forums

Visa run to honkers

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

I have tried a search on GK, but cannot find anything.

I need to do a visa run to HK for a work visa.
I am currently on a family Visa, can I convert this to 'Z' visa in HK.
I know in 2008 and 2009 you could not.

Anybody any advice?
Please

YuantongsiYuantongsi (717 posts) • 0

I have heard that visa changes in HK can be done, but on your work visa invite (requested by your company but issued by the PSB) it should say that your company wants to you do this in HK,,or Thailand,,or wherever.

Now about to go to HK.
Have been told that last year they suspended the RUSH Visa service. (2 working days, e.g. in Tuesday Morning collect Wednesday morning.)

Anybody know if this service has been resumed?
I will try calling Embassy in HK but Ho hum!

Chang Mai, but already have flight tickets to HK but told of possible turnround time change this evening. Need to go out a day earlier now if true, and cannot change flight tickets so expensive if correct.

Yuanyangren (297 posts) • 0

Phnom Penh is good, you can generally do everything through your hotel without even going to the embassy yourself, but this may also depend on your visa type. On the other hand, Phnom Penh is further away from Kunming than Bangkok or Hong Kong. Hanoi would be the closest and best, but that embassy sucks coz they only allow residents and locals to apply for Chinese visas...god knows why given that Hanoi is a major tourist city and not too far from China.

AlPage48 (1394 posts) • 0

If you have to go somewhere for a few days take safety into account. My niece lives in Chiang Mai (single female) and feels totally safe there. Prior to this she spent three years in Phnom Penh. She says you would not dare go out after 9:00 p.m. which is still pretty early. Not safe.

I was quite pleased with the level of service we received at the consulate in Chiang Mai.

I just got back from Honkers

They are doing the 'RUSH' next day service again now.
Cost 700 HKD in total for Z visa

S4Ever (1 post) • 0

It all depends on where you are from... I did it 2 weeks ago and they did not offered the rush service, needed 4 days.... I am French. And it costed me 700$ for a 6 month multi entry L visa

Related forum threads

Login to post