GoKunming Forums

Chinese National going to Laos by land

vagabond48 (75 posts) • 0

Does anyone know if a Chinese PRC passport holder can get a Laos visa on arrival at the Mohan border crossing and what the cost would be?

Thanks

hedgepig (273 posts) • 0

given how visa regulations can change, i'd suggest getting your answers from the Laos Consulate in Kunming. address is in the listings section of this site.

mehnyaa (52 posts) • 0

I was traveling in Jan this year to Laos by land.
A Chinese girl in my bus wasn't allowed to cross the Chinese Border because she did not get Laos visa before hand. She had to return to Jinghong on another bus. Prior to this, Chinese nationals could get Laos visa at Laos border. Apparently, that has changed. If a Chinese do not have a Lao visa, he/she is not even allowed to exit at the Chinese border. Best to get everything done before traveling. Good Luck!!

dashpierce (10 posts) • 0

Two of my Chinese colleagues weren't allowed to get on a plane to Thailand, even though Thailand allows visa on arrival for Chinese citizens. The reason was because China requires citizens to have a visa before leaving the country. It could be the same sorta deal for Laos.

Thanks for the info.
G-d bless the Chinese establishment. :(

I guess you can get a visa at the Laos consulate in Jinghong. Does anyone know if you get the visa in 1 day?

I just read in a year old thread that Chinese citizens require a Health Card. Anyone with Chinese friends know what is required on this card?

jpowers (6 posts) • 0

We have 220,000 Laos kip we need to unload before returning to US if you are interested. Last I checked it was = to 190 yuan. J

mehnyaa (52 posts) • 0

There is a Laos Embassy here in Kunming as well as Thai Embassy.....
Being a foreigner here, no matter how well informed, there will be issues, rules and regulations etc that we might not be up to date to the constant changing of these issues....
Best thing to do ... get all the clearance/visa you can before you travel although there are visa on arrival facilities....
Once you have the visa, they can't turn you away. However, if you do not have the visa, they can say and do whatever they want.....

Related forum threads

Login to post