GoKunming Forums

Chinese National going to Laos by land

vagabond48 (75 posts) • 0

"Once you have the visa, they can't turn you away."
Although I don't have any negative personal experience, getting a visa doesn't guarantee that you will be allowed into a country. Unfortunately, being allowed into a country is always at the discretion of the immigration officer.

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

Visit my website and learn more about travel to Laos.

Yes, Chinese nationals need a Health card

mehnyaa (52 posts) • 0

So far, no prob if you have a visa. When you HAVE a visa, you minus a reason for them to refuse you exiting/into the country.

Yuanyangren (297 posts) • 0

The information given above is correct; Chinese authorities do not care if Chinese nationals are eligible for visas on arrival, because they won't let a Chinese citizen exit the country without a visa in their passport. This regulation has recently been strictly enforced according to an article I read recently. I can also corroborate what the posters above said, which is when I was at Suvarnabhumi airport on my way to Kunming a few months ago, a group of Chinese nationals on their way back to Beijing all had Thai visas in their passports from the embassy in Beijing in spite of Thailand offering a 15-day visa on arrival service and those persons having only spent 4 days in Thailand. Therefore, this service is a mute point for Chinese citizens, who can only take advantage of it if they are entering Thailand (or Laos) from another country, other than China.

Related forum threads

Login to post