GoKunming Forums

VPN

outsider (35 posts) • 0

I will be in Kunming soon. I am wondering should I sign up with a VPN service while I am in the US, or should I wait till I get there? I am not a techie; if the question sounds stupid to you chic techies out there, I beg your pardon; and I really appreciate any of you who cares to answer my question!

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

Better to sign up in the US for payment and verification reasons. Also, once in China, some vpn sign up sites are blocked or not accessible.

tbowers (7 posts) • 0

I use Astrill here and it not only has dozens of locations around the world, but it also has a bunch of features that are great for China use, like a Smart Mode that only tunnels websites that are blocked through the VPN. It also preserves speed so well that I'm able to channel Hulu and Netflix with no issues on wifi. Just my two cents.

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

This is the third VPN post that has been revived in the last few days. Interesting to note that the other 2 have already been deleted by the moderators.

Geezer (1953 posts) • 0

@Texas Boy

Might be. I think "open VPN" includes encryption which is illegal. But so many expats just love to talk about their current and planned illegal activities on the internet. I would be more careful.

Related forum threads

Login to post