GoKunming Forums

Business Behaviour in KMG A word of advice for Francesca's BOX

andre (13 posts) • 0

1) It is your legal requirement to provide tax receipts.

2) le to answer the question for fapiao wit "soory, we dont have correct license for that. We try since XX months to get it!"

If you dont have correct licenses to run your establishment, don't do it...or buy invoices somewhere else...
Failure to provide tax receipts when asked is an offence, with can result in a fine of up to 10k rmb

3) its not suitable to just counter the request with the answer that you haven't received related approvals and permissions to issue tax invoices! Especially after running the place not only few weeks, but years!!!

4) Next time, in the unlikely event I go back, I will first consume all my food, then ask for a fapiao. If you don't provide one, then I will not pay for whatever I have eaten.

This is my legal right, according to my friend at the wuhau qu local tax bureau

P.S. thanks to Genghis to kikstart this - too much "innocent" behaviour in Kunming's forigner community!

Regulations are clear, all should comply with it, especially after running more than few weeks with a business!
We all are guests and paying taxes belongs to it as a longterm resident and business operator!!!!

Chingis (242 posts) • 0

Fair enough.....looks like we got some free meals coming our way there Andre. Fancy a double date?
Seriously, this is piss poor behaviour. The owner/ manager is obliged to sort this kind of thing out as part of running a business. If you can't do it, then maybe get into teaching or something...

nnoble (889 posts) • 0

"If you can't do it, then maybe get into teaching ..." Please explain.

Tiger (66 posts) • 0

Foreign teachers must issue a fapiao if they are operating a legal school. Private teaching with a tourist visa is illegal (Will you believe that?). Look out for the undercover Tax agent.

Chris Taylor (4 posts) • 0

It must be terrible to be a high-flying executive in Kunming with an expense account to pad out, only to discover -- shock, horror -- that the pizza and Dali beers will actually have to come out of your own pocket. My deepest condolences.

You can buy fapiao on the black market, btw. That's what Chinese executives do.

jimsc (9 posts) • 0

Please provide street directions and an up-to-date password for the aforementioned Black Market. I intend to buy several reams of fapiao and then start my own Kareoke / Smokeless tobacco / Fake dreads shop, and write it off to the Swiss government. Also, be a pal and don't alert the Fedz.

curious66 (7 posts) • 0

lol! i really loved Chingis' comment!! "... maybe get into teaching..."

reminds me of one of my favorite quotes "Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach!" :D

now, now, teachers! save ur flak! i teach too! :p

Related forum threads

Login to post