GoKunming Forums

Introduce a high quality institution for study mandarin chinese

james-ding (13 posts) • 0

Is there anybody know kunming college of eastern language and culture? Its address is NO.218.Dongfeng West R.d.A.5th floor Fuchun Building.It is a distinctive school know for its excellent teaching chinese language and culture to foreigners. I am a teacher from there. if anyone who plan to study mandarin chinese, i can give you some suggestions and anwser any questions.

studentinkunming (1 post) • 0

i know kcelc. recently the quality of teaching and all around has fallen significantly. this is no more a good choice. there are many other options available today in kmg.
this is my opinion
cheers

^_^,thank you for your replay. i am very glade to know that kcel is still famouse. from your replay, i guess you are not a native english speaker. am i right? Maybe you get some news from our competitor,but that not important. gold is still gold,no metter where they are.let me tell you, what i see in KCEL. the teaching staff join the meeting to improve their teaching every week,and they chat with each other how to teach well. what is the best teaching method.how to use these method, they are all very good teachers.especially,some teachsers who work more than 3 or 5 years for teaching chinese.Likes Zhao Hong,Zhao Yan,Cai Weize,Zhang Guoshan,Jiang Jie,and so on.you say you know KCEL.but definitely you do not know the above. Welcome to our college, you can join our classes for free on a few days. i belive that time, you will change your opinion.
About "many other options ".I must say you are very clever,but these all very new. i think you will know what i means."many" is right,whether it is "available", i am not sure.
if you have any questions,you can ask me. waiting for your replay or sent email to lxyn@elcec.com

hedgepig (273 posts) • 0

hahahhahahahahaaa.

so, what's this school called anyway? KCEL, KCELC, ELCEC, Dongfang? if you don't know your own name, how can you be trusted to teach anything to anyone?

(Aside from the universities) Dongfang had a monopoly on student visas for ages, meaning no choice and no competition in the local Mandarin teaching market. Thankfully that's now been fixed, and we'll hopefully see a market-wide rise in quality and decline in prices.

^_^,tank you for your replay.let me answer your questions.

First,tank you for your care about our college,KCEL is the abbreviation for Kunming College of Eastern Language and Culture."Dong Fang" is the translation for kunming college of Eastern language and culture in chinese for short. you know much,but you do not know all.it is not the means we do not know our name.it means you know so less.
second,about "Aside from the universities) Dongfang had a monopoly on student visas for ages",it is not means
meaning no choice and no competition in the local Mandarin teaching market. It means our high quality teaching. it means we pass the test of chinese government.The shcool who do not have means maybe their teaching quality do not pass the level from chinese government.
third,we have competitions.our competitions are univeristies, not the school which the students do not trust and can not help the student get the student visa.
fourth,our small class is better than universities,because our small class only have 5-15 students. The universities are too many students in their classes. It is one of the reason some students who from universities want to join us.
if you have other questions, you can ask me.if you want to ask the advantages of us,it just what i said.^_^

thank you for your answer hedgepig.it is not omit Culture,the reason is in our college,we are not only teaching language, language can not far away from culture. so in our chinese teaching,we mix language and culture together. that's why the abbreviation for Kunming College of Eastern Language and Culture is KCEL.I hope you are satisfied with my answer,that's why i say we are high quality institution for teaching mandarin chinese.

打酱油 (4 posts) • 0

1st/ james-ding - continue to make such good advertising for your school by being almost aggressive, impolite and absolutely not clear - WE LOVE IT !

2nd/ let me rectify some points you mention above, because i think you are not honest or just lying :

- you are talking about how marvelous teachers are in Dongfang, but can you tell us how many from these teachers are REALLY teachers ? (i mean graduation AND certification to be teacher, not with whatever other certification for economy, business etc ...). If you don't dare to tell it here in public, just let me know and it will be my pleasure to give information about that point. (A:less than 50%/B:less than 25%/C:less than 10%)

-OK, i must confess you have some (very few) professionalher like Zhao Hong (good and professional teacher) but concerning Cai Weize or Jiang Jie i have to tell that it is quite unacceptable to have a teacher talking bad standstandardarin Chinese (Kunming-Putonghua).

about Zhao Yan:not good not bad->average

about Zhang Guoshan: not bad but he's not a real teacher, isn't he? moreover his class is a little of mess...

TOTALLY UNCLEAR (can understand nothing, you can try to write again) : "About "many other options ".I must say you are very clever,but these all very new. i think you will know what i means."many" is right,whether it is "available", i am not sure."

hedgepig, i fully agree with your comment :

"(Aside from the universities) Dongfang had a monopoly on student visas for ages, meaning no choice and no competition in the local Mandarin teaching market. Thankfully that's now been fixed, and we'll hopefully see a market-wide rise in quality and decline in prices."

"First,tank you for your care about our college,KCEL is the abbreviation for Kunming College of Eastern Language and Culture."Dong Fang" is the translation for kunming college of Eastern language and culture in Chinese for short. you know much,but you do not know all.it is not the means we do not know our name.it means you know so less." 废话废话废话

Related forum threads

Login to post