GoKunming Forums

Flying in the time of Covid

lemon lover (1006 posts) • 0

The 2005 HydroxyChloroquin study concluded:
“Chloroquine is effective in preventing the spread of SARS CoV in cell culture. Favorable inhibition of virus spread was observed when the cells were either treated with chloroquine prior to or after SARS CoV infection. In addition, the indirect immunofluorescence assay described herein represents a simple and rapid method for screening SARS-CoV antiviral compounds.”

However the effect of Choroquine on a living human is something else and needs further research. Apparently no positive results have followed.

Research of the effect of Choroquine on Covid-19 was done by Dr. Didier Raoult (In France) and has since been discredited and is now an example of how not to do research and clinical trials. Follow up studies have shown that the medication has no positive effect and the side effects are serious and frequently lethal in Covid-19 patients.

You did not vote for Trump in 2016 you say and “was” a Never Trumper. Can I conclude that was is the past and now you are a Trumper and since you only mentioned Trump in 2016 and not in 2020 and that last time around you voted for him?

We already discussed this before but here we go again. Trumps economic success was simply a continuation of an improvement in the US economy started by Obama. A simple continuation. The line does not suddenly go up with the arrival of Trump despite the enormous tax break for companies and the rich. Thus no real effect of Trumps policies.

What you describe as “Weasel words” just indicate that Fauci is a scientist. He does not claim absolute things as long has he cannot prove them or if they are limited in time like do not use face masks we need them for health workers and later on use face masks because now we have them.

PS:
Chlorine is effective as well in cell cultures. Not in living human beings.

Stitch (3 posts) • 0

That's pretty surprising to me that you could travel that widely without even being asked about being tested or vaccinated. I'm sure it's probably different from one country to the next though.

Related forum threads

Login to post