GoKunming Forums

New Health check form at bus/metro

bubblyian (102 posts) • 0

Looks like a new QR code has appeared at all metros (and bus?) to be scanned leading to a health check form to complete. I tried filling it in in English but was unsuccessful, so asked my friend to fill it out in Chinese and it worked. Long queues at entrances whilst filling it out. Can anyone explain why they are introducing new restrictions/registration/monitoring now the virus issue is fading away and everything is getting back to normal?

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

Take a guess. Many people are infected but have no symptoms. The virus is still around and it might flare up again (hoping that's not the case). Better to be cautious.

AlPage48 (1394 posts) • 0

Health checks are really only good for a few days.

I could be virus free this morning and catch it this afternoon (hope not).

BoJoke (34 posts) • 0

To verify Liumingke1234's speculation...

The Chinese State Council has announced in a government document published last night (April 9);

"Asymptomatic patients are infectious, and have risk of infecting others" [...]

"The guidelines recommended that local health institutions should report these cases within two hours of receiving positive test results. Then, within 24 hours, county-level health authorities needed to report through the central communicable disease report system."

www.scmp.com/[...]

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • +1

@AlPage48
You are absolutely right!!!!!!
Unless there is a cure or vaccine, the moment you exit the health check center, BOOM! There it is!

I got that new QR code/questionnaire at the north Wal-Mart today.

It does come up in Chinese but there is a tiny selection for English in the top left corner.

Parts of it are difficult to complete since the pop-up for calendars is Chinese only.

Other parts are impossible to complete since it wants the date I'm leaving as well as flight number and seat number.

I tried leaving that part blank and it would not let me submit it.

kc430kc430 (81 posts) • 0

As of last few days, foreigners living in Kunming can take city buses and enter parks by showing passport in lieu of snapping a QR code. What about the Kunming subway? Without the QR code/questionaire/color code, are foreigners allowed/forbidden to enter the subway? Any other venues where QR/Q/CC is required for entry?

I reread bubblyian's earlier post about failing to complete in English but success when done in Chinese (which I also can't read).
I had my wife help me do the Chinese version and it worked.

Mikhail_Ivanova (6 posts) • 0

AlPage48, after the form has been completed, your local community volunteers may contact you via phone the next day to verify your travel history and health conditions. Mostly pro forma.

@mikhail_Ivanova
Thanks for the heads up.

I'll be prepared for a call, although if it's in Chinese I won't understand it.

Related forum threads

Login to post