GoKunming Forums

yahoo dammit

Ishmael (462 posts) • +1

Thanks. It worked with bing. Was looking for a quote from the X-Files concerning "Occam's Principle of Limited Imagination" (Mulder's take on the famous Razor, which pretty much sums up my opinion of the kind of thinking that categorizes virtually all computershit-speak - an attitude that might well be extended to dealing with bureaucracies of Control).

Good to know that the powers that be have not yet categorized the X-Files as subversive or something - which, of course, it is.

dolphin (509 posts) • -1

@ishmael, not sure if this answers your question or not, but here goes.

went back home. met a man from philippines. he was an aspiring politician. always talks politics, quotes trump. i'm guessing he's glued to CNN 6 hours a night. can you guess what his political ambitions are? he thinks philippines should attack china. i think he's insane and brainwashed, but i'm guessing there's a few hundred million people on the planet with that mindset.

the question is in my mind: was he influenced by cnn and trump's tweets to have that mindset? in any case, i think the media causes more harm than good. garbage in ... garbage out. shoulda stayed in china. more crazy people back home.

oh yeah. black mirror. gotta check it out. thanks.

Ishmael (462 posts) • 0

@dolphin: yeah - who runs yahoo, who restricts it and for what, and why is any of that a good idea?

OceanOcean (1193 posts) • 0

I heart that Yahoo services will stop working in China (without a VeePN) from the end of this month. Another one bites the dust! Can anyone recommend a free, English-language e-mail services that still works in China (Without a VeepN)?

OceanOcean (1193 posts) • 0

@michael2015

No, this is definitely Yahoo Mail too. This, from Yahoo... "After February 28, 2022 you will no longer be able to send or receive new emails from mainland China or download data."

Related forum threads

Login to post