GoKunming Forums

Bus from Kunming to Jianshui

ULIBCN70 (3 posts) • 0

I’ll be visiting Jianshui and I would like to do it by bus. Do I need to book ahea? Or, can I just show up and the station and hop on the next bus?
What time is the last bus on this route?
Thank you, guys!

jopasny (184 posts) • +2

I'm not sure about the bus as I've never taken it, but I take the train there semi regularly. It's about 40 kuai and takes around 3.5 hours.

Alien (3819 posts) • +1

ULIBCN70: yes - you must be new in China.
You can buy a ticket in advance at any one of a number of state-run ticket offices in Kunming (there's one just off 121 Street across the bridge from the north end of Wenhua Xiang (the street where Salvador's is), and the other day I was in my local post office and there was a sign in Chinese saying you could book tickets there as well. However,

I'm almost certain you would have no trouble just showing up at the bus station and buying a ticket for the next bus, or possibly the one after that. There are a lot of scheduled buses to Jianshui, from fairly early morning on.
However you buy your ticket, you will probably have to show your passport, or Chinese id.

Scottish guy (30 posts) • +1

Take the bus from the south coach station which is a subway stop. The bus takes 3 to 4 hours. I've forgotten the price but i remember it being similar to a train ticket. You don't need to book in advance and departures are frequent. Just go to the bus station and hop on a bus

Scottish guy (30 posts) • +1

Lol my totally vague answer isn't really much help. I've forgotten the important details such as time and price, my recollection is that they were generally the same as the train. Also worth mentioning, Jianshui

bus station is a lot closer to the town than the train station. You can walk to the old town from the bus station, from the train station you can either take a taxi or mianbaoche. I don't know if they've got busses.

Related forum threads

Login to post