GoKunming Forums

Successful Z-visa run to HK?

baiyuxiang (106 posts) • -1

There've been reports that Chinese Z-visas can no longer be done in SE Asian countries (such as Thailand) for expats who are not citizens of that country.

Hongkong has been recommended as the only alternative to the passport country.

Has anyone successfully gone to Hongkong and been issued the 30-day Z visa since the October holiday?

I will need to do this soon and want to confirm that it's still possible.

Thanks in advance!

Lanajot (61 posts) • 0

A friend of mine recently did it and was successful. The waiting period depends on how much you are prepared to pay. Make sure that you take all the necessary documentation.

Napoleon (1187 posts) • 0

I haven't done it but have seen the official guidelines that say work visa applications can only be done in:

1) Your home country.
2) A country (not China) where you hold residence.
3) Hong Kong.

Therefore I would believe it to be the case.

A normal work visa is 300 something RMB if you wish to collect the next day then this is an extra 300 on top.

NottsJohn (1 post) • 0

I went to Hong Kong to do my Z visa straight after the October holiday this year, with absolutely no problems at all.

I believe I paid 660 HKD in total for the visa and the next day service.

Take the proper documents and you should have no troubles.

Dandy_GO (1 post) • -1

I believe you're only asked to provide the old one if you recently changed. I've had friends come in on tourist visas who have just had their passports replaced and had to show their old ones too. A real pain.

A co-worker did a HK Z-visa run a fortnight ago and didn't need their old passport.

Kris* (12 posts) • -1

Any recent news?

I was told that it is not possible to get the Z-visa in Hong Hong without a Hong Kong residency and that i will have to go back to my home country to apply.

Has anyone successfully applied for a Z-Visa in Hong Kong in the last few weeks?


Dazzer (2813 posts) • -1

your z visa paperwork from kunming needs to state that you will be going to hk/chiang mai etc. for your visa. then hk/chaing mai will issue it. you need to speak to your employer about getting this done

Login to post