GoKunming Forums

Gynecologist recommendations in Kunming?

ASatiricalBloke (103 posts) • -1

@aquatic mammalian
who cares what you think

@foreign creature
but why do you choose to be ignorant about it, the world is already full of ignorant people, why be part of the problem?

dolphin (509 posts) • -2

alienew, the answer to your question is very simple.

As we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns – the ones we don't know we don't know.

Basically it boils down to I don't trust the medical community 100% blindly. You can easily find warnings about the HPV vaccine online if you search.

Maybe I am too cynical? If you do trust the medical community and pharmaceutical industry 100%, then just avoid my comments.

Which this is the last one on this topic. :-)

bilingualexpat (219 posts) • +3

@dolphin writes:

"I think HPV is bs.
I don’t believe that a virus leads to cancer."

If you don't believe in scientific consensus and real world data that HPV is the main cause of cervical cancer, which used to be one of the most common cancer related deaths for women in the U.S., where exactly do you want us to search online for the facts?

dolphin (509 posts) • -4
Comment hidden by user downvote Click to expand

You play devils advocate and spend time looking things up on google.

So I was going to type “does hpv cause cancer?” Into google.

But something interesting came up... google tries to complete the search ...so one of the options was “ ...go away on its own? thanks, AI. Just please don’t destroy me when you become omnipotent.

Now we have two polar opposite concepts and the google AI makes you think of something that you would even have thought to ask on your own. Geek out with it and follow the rabbit hole...

On the one hand, we are being told that HPV is so serious that it leads to cancer and the only way to treat it is with an expensive vaccine from your doctor. On the other hand, there is information suggesting that it may not be that serious or difficult to treat and not even require medical intervention.

They can’t both be right. But then you are left with deciding who to trust, which is not easy.

But I try.

alienew (422 posts) • +2

@ Dolphin: I don't trust the medical profession 100% either, but the question is, why do you distrust this particular thing about HPV & cancer? How much of a scientific consensus is there? I do not think that the majority of scientists are necessarily either right or wrong, but I don't think these guys are useless, either, and if there's a general consensus, I'll buy it, unless & until I have a specific reason for not doing so - and since I am not such a scientist I am not really in a position to come up with a better scientific analysis, though I might be able to handle one based on imputed economic or political interests. My guess is that you're not a scientist either, but I may be wrong; or maybe you've got some other kind of analysis that is reliable?

dolphin (509 posts) • -3
Comment hidden by user downvote Click to expand

The HPV vaccine is called Gardasil.

No, I am not a doctor or a scientist, but some people who are scientists have claimed that Gardasil may be harmful. The snopes article mentions that the CDC received 12000 complaints about adverse complications with Gardasil, including the deaths of 32 women. But then snopes says those claims are false.

So now you have to assume Gardasil is completely safe. Not to mention if there is an alleged vaccine against cervical cancer, why isn’t there a vaccine for any other types of cancer? makes no sense to me.

I don’t know. and I am out of this discussion.Good luck.

bilingualexpat (219 posts) • +3

@dolphin wrote:

"we are being told that HPV is so serious that it leads to cancer and the only way to treat it is with an expensive vaccine from your doctor"

Quit making erroneous straw man fallacy claims. The Gardasil HPV vaccine is a preventative vaccine against the infections of various types of HPV. Preventative vaccines are not supposed to treat, but to prevent.

@dolpin wrote:

"alleged vaccine against cervical cancer, why isn’t there a vaccine for any other types of cancer?"

Again, this vaccine prevents infection of common HPV types, not cervical cancer itself.

The Dunning-Kruger effect of knowing very little of what you say and yet boldly spreading misguided and misleading information is detrimental.

Other fallacies such as the 32 deaths were clearly debunked by the fact-checking website Snopes.com.

Please take your red herring off tangent remarks to other topics. This one is reserved for distressed caregivers of/or daughters, mothers, and wives who are seeking serious health guidance away from home.

dolphin (509 posts) • -2

some of my comments are inaccurate, perhaps.

I don’t trust snopes. Seems like a garbage trash journalism web site and I would never take any health advice from that trashy site.

But I am outta here. good luck.

ASatiricalBloke (103 posts) • 0

I too, find all medical science inconceivable. Virus don't exist, I mean have you ever seen a virus? And you want us to believe that this invisible strand of lifeless DNA, can cause death?

And what is DNA? You want us to believe that the combination of 4 different chemical molocules is the cause of every aspect of our physical being? Get outta here

Related forum threads

Login to post