GoKunming Forums

Metro Store South open.

Dennis K. (16 posts) • 0

To get a free wechat metro card you have to follow their we chat account and register with your passport info, its very easy to do

maojirui (4 posts) • 0

Hey all, Next to the Metro Store in the South there seems to be a store in the process of opening.

Decathlon.

It was mentioned here about 10 months ago.

Anyway I was over there yesterday and this store is still not open.

Does anyone have any clues to if it will open up and if so when it might open?

Thanks

lemon lover (1006 posts) • +1

In order to make shopping centers look more attractive all kind of popular brands are used as advertisement. In reality these shops and chains are not involved in this. So don’t hold your breath.

DanTheMan (620 posts) • +2

www.ynhouse.com/news/view-187480.html

Something to the effect of: Decathlon has had a contract in place for years to open a store in a development called 南悦城Nanyue Cheng in Kunming (not sure if this is where the south Metro is located? Never been there), but the development company ran out of money and hasn't built the fourth phase, which is where the Decathlon was supposed to be located.

DanTheMan (620 posts) • 0

*not necessarily the fourth phase, I misread. Anyway, they've halted construction and the part where Decathlon is supposed to be is not built yet.

DanTheMan (620 posts) • 0

And then I read a bit more... Apparently the development company did eventually start up construction again and they claim Metro will be able to start installing their store by next month and open in the first half of next year...

Related forum threads

Login to post