GoKunming Forums

Metro Store South open.

tallamerican (396 posts) • 0

Sour cream is easy to make and much better than what Metro sells. Milk, Cream or whipping cream and white vinegar is all needed.

Mariann (7 posts) • 0

hi, does anyone know if there is any membership fee? i wanna see what's inside Metro cos Walmart and Carrefour dont have much foreign stuff.

thanks!

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

There is not fee. If you just want to look, they don't even check your card on entry in Metro South. But you will need a card if you want to buy. I am not sure what the process is to get a card in Metro south. Usually some kind of business card will suffice.

I have found that the best Carrefour for imported foods is the one at Nanya, The one at Aegean is a bit of a disappointment.

ricsnapricsnap (193 posts) • 0

You don't need any business card for becoming a member, just your passport and phone number. And, as a matter of fact, you can simply borrow a card from somebody cuing near you at the till.

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

Wicker basket also carries some foreign goods, if you happen to be close to one of the three worth a look. Laowais paradise has lots of Italian goods.

You can just walk into metro north with other people if you don't have a card, and as someone else suggested, can easily ask to borrow another's card at checkout.

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

Bus stop directly in front of Metro (Guang Fu Road) - Hua Chen Lu Kou.

Bus: 78, 165, 185, 208, 908, A8, C142, K15, K22, Z60, Z67.

Related forum threads

Login to post