GoKunming Forums

Vietnam turnaround visa run?

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

Just seeing if anyone did this at Hekou Laocai border recently. Turnaround meaning you didn't cross bridge into Vietnam.

KMSteve (10 posts) • 0

I was rejected for Visa on arrival recently, I had already been once in the previous 30 days so they just told me to turn around and walk back to China. Pretty sure turnaround should be possible.

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

Bum deal on your rejection by Vietnam. Crazy policy to give some Europeans free entry, then only let them in so often? But thanks for the walking back in info.

bluegrass14 (126 posts) • 0

@KMSteve, what types of questions did you get asked upon re-entry into China? Did they even look to see if you had a Vietnam visa/stamp? Or were they pretty nonchalant about it?

Ruckus (3 posts) • 0

I got back from Vietnam a few weeks ago, however I actually stayed for over a week so not exactly a quick turnaround.

If your purpose is simply a visa run though, you can always just stay in some cheapo hotel in Lao Cai for a night and come back, it shouldn't be more that $15.

But honestly, if you take the 5+ hour train ride there, you might as well at the very least stay in Sapa. It's less than an hour away from Lao Cai and is worth a few days stay, it's pretty nice there actually.

Napoleon (1187 posts) • 0

@Peter

A friend working in Vietnam bought a ticket for his family to come out to see him in August. The airline (not sure who) mentioned that they would have to get visas as non would be available on arrival after July 1st.

www.e-vietnamvisa.com/visa-exemption.html

This site mentions the policy being valid until June 30th 2016.

Probably won't know more until nearer the time.

jopasny (184 posts) • 0

Bit of an off topic question, but does anyone know if the Vietnam consulate is open today?

My guess is it's not, as I tried calling and didn't get an answer (yet).

Related forum threads

Login to post