GoKunming Forums

Your favorite Kunming Chinese restaurant?

ricsnapricsnap (193 posts) • 0

Yunnan cuisine doesn't certainly excellent for delicacy in taste. The amount of chilly makes many dishes dull. It shines instead for the amount of oils and animal fats used.
I'd rather get to hear about healthy restaurant here...
In my list, I've got absolutely none, since most vegetarian restaurants are oily as well!

rogertwotimes (49 posts) • 0

ricsnap, there is lots of Yunnan cuisine that is not oily and loaded with chilis. You just have to get out there and explore. Don't judge all Yunnan cuisine by the corner mixian shop.

Tonyaod (824 posts) • 0

Thank you for pointing out the obvious. (BTW, you are breaking form, try to stay in character)

And since we are on the topic of adding useful information to the conversation, I wonder how this tidbit the two of us are engaged in is adding to the conversation of "Your favorite Kunming Chinese restaurant?"

ricsnapricsnap (193 posts) • 0

Mana doesn't taste bad but it will still give your liver a hard time.
Heart disease and reduced life expectancy is a fact here www.gokunming.com/[...]
Ever heard of cholesterol and overcooked oils?

Beside calories, I can tell only Jianshui rice noodles in peanut soup being "healthier" than the average.
If you can name healthy restaurants, make us a favour and list them here!

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

mmkunmingteacher - www.gokunming.com/[...]

mmkunmingteacher - www.gokunming.com/en/forums/thread/9840/the_spicy_food_thread

forlorn - www.gokunming.com/[...]

tommann - www.gokunming.com/en/forums/all/?search=food&page=3

tommy fartknocker - www.gokunming.com/[...]

crazy.laowai - www.gokunming.com/en/forums/thread/6000/food_magazine_article

tommann - www.gokunming.com/[...]

neddy - www.gokunming.com/[...]

crazy.laowai - www.gokunming.com/[...]

mmkunmingteacher - www.gokunming.com/[...]

crazy.laowai - www.gokunming.com/[...]

Here are just a few threads about Food and restaurants from the past. You will notice that they were all started by the same/different person.

I am sure these will help you in your search for the best Yunnan Cuisine.

Geezer (1953 posts) • 0

Hugo you are sooooooooooo food angry! Chill dude, easy on limited people that can only play the same one note tune over and over and over...

Tonyaod (824 posts) • 0

@xiefei

Quoting Alien, "'Chinese restaurant' is a rather vague term - imagine going to Germany, Italy, Hungary or France and asking for the finest European restaurant. The variety of Chinese cuisine is comparably enormous. I am not pretending to be terribly knowledgeable about the subject of Chinese restaurants or Chinese food, but when 'foreigners' (whatever THAT means) in China discuss the issue in this manner we must look pretty [ignorant]."

www.gokunming.com/[...]
(Thanks for the link, Hugo!)

I guess I wasn't being facetious after all. You had me all confused for a second there, Xiefei.

Related forum threads

Login to post