GoKunming Forums

Teaching at Summit

coastalfire (28 posts) • 0

Is there anyone here who has had experience teaching at Summit Foreign Language School? I'm in the U.S. and I've been looking at jobs in Kunming. I'm wondering if there is anyone who has taught English at this school who would care to comment. There are a couple other threads on here about this school but no comments from anyone who has actually worked there, so I thought I'd just ask.

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

The only thing I know about Summit is that they have been around for a while (over a decade), and that has got to count for something.

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

The only thing I know is that they can't keep teachers for very long.

benannabenanna (15 posts) • 0

They advertise positions seemingly every week. I would be concerned that they do not offer work visas. Check carefully.

They say they will go through the process to get a work visa and pay for it; any thoughts on how I'd go about checking whether that is true?

Geezer (1953 posts) • 0

Some clues:

" they can't keep teachers for very long."

"They advertise positions seemingly every week."

" I heard their pay is lousy."

Have them give you a contract and send a copy for your review before you fly.

Napoleon (1187 posts) • 0

If you're British perhaps they are planning to get everything done in HK for you.

No experience in dealing with this school, never heard of them. If it's a training centre then all bets are off.

Thanks Geezer for posting the really helpful article about the visa stuff.
Well despite the negative rumors, I decided to take the job since they keep saying they will do all the applications with the Chinese government that I need in order to apply for a Z visa before I go (and since they did send me a contract to look at). I guess I'll report back next year if people want to know how it went.

Related forum threads

Login to post