GoKunming Forums

Wordprezz CMS Alternatives

marcuschen (178 posts) • 0

Wordpress is software, government doesn't care, and could not tell what software you use anyway. wordpress.com is different, is Wordpress-owned hosting, government doesn't want blogs. Get Hong Kong host, use Wordpress software.

nailer (99 posts) • 0

ok its starting to make sense now. can anyone recommend a hosting company in hk?

also what is involved in getting .cn domain?

JanJal (1199 posts) • 0

To host website on server in mainland China (for example on AliYun), you need to provide company registration information to the hosting provider, so it is basically only available for registered companies.

I am not sure, but do I believe that .cn domain registrations have the same requirement, even if the site would be hosted outside China (if that is possible at all).

I run a website on Amazon Web Services in Japan, and it works ok from there to mainland.

JanJal you can host in Hong Kong without registered company, and it's still just as fast in mainland.

JanJal (1199 posts) • 0

Could, but AWS is used by my employer so there is some synergy in hosting my own projects in the same environment.

bucko (694 posts) • 0

"I have great luck with this one:

www.icdsoft.com/

Choose the Hong Kong data center."

I also use ICDS. It is the best. The HK servers will cost you 30% more as HK must pay a lot more tax to maintain it's servers.

I just switched to their Boston servers, saved a bunch of $$ with no noticeable preformance issues.

st285 (3 posts) • 0

If you want build websit and use host in mainland,u need register your web information in "工信部",it's a big trouble. maybe HongKong host is better

nailer (99 posts) • 0

Does anyone have any tips on using an ftp application in china? I cant seem to upload anything to a server i have hosted abroad.

Ive tried using some free hosting servers as well to see if it worked and no joy.

uploading is extremely slow and cuts out before its done.

Im just trying to upload a single page website with some images etc but cant do it.

Ive tried with both my vpn on and off.

nailer you use filezilla? It can be slow here, but it works.

Related forum threads

Login to post