GoKunming Forums

Anybody know when the next US Consulate-Chengdu Visit

laotou (1714 posts) • 0

Does anyone know if/when the US Consulate Chengdu intends to visit KM for US Citizen Services?

Long-Dragon (390 posts) • 0

On 3/14/2015, a Consular Officer from the United States Consulate General in Chengdu will be in Kunming to provide limited consular services, including applications for passport renewal, additional passport visa pages, and notaries. Please note that initial passport applications for someone who has never been issued a U.S. passport will not be accepted. Regular consular visits will now be scheduled on the second Saturday of every third month.

laotou (1714 posts) • 0

@LD - Thanks - Every third month eh? Look forwards to their June visit then.

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

You have to send them an email and they will send you a confirmation。

laotou (1714 posts) • 0

And...once again, for the record, here's the email address for US Citizen Services (If you're NOT a US citizen - you should use the OTHER email address).

US CITIZEN SERVICES - US CONSULATE CHENGDU
AmcitChengdu@state.gov

US CONSULATE CHENGDU WEBSITE
chengdu.usembassy-china.org.cn

Again - thanks for the info LD & LMK

DanTheMan (620 posts) • 0

Anybody know of a trustworthy agent that I can mail my passport to in order to apply for passport renewal on my behalf in Chengdu?

redmoon (41 posts) • 0

DanTheMan; The Chengdu Consulate rep will be in Kunming March 26.
You should email them straight away to make an appointment at: AmCitChengdu@state.gov

Geezer (1953 posts) • 0

The Chengdu Consulate visits always seem to be fully booked. They allot three hours for appointments in Kunming.

Long-Dragon (390 posts) • 0

The American Consulate in Chengdu officer visits quarterly in the past year or so. A considerable improvement over previous years. They have sponsored meetings here with Yunnan PSB. They have a news letter. All improvements. If I may ask what do the other consulates provide their citizens In Yunnan?

Related forum threads

Login to post