GoKunming Forums

Want to troll, troll here.

Mandrake (129 posts) • 0

Yes people do need to respect the opinions of others, but to just be offensive and rude to others if you disagree is unacceptable.

People should not be banned unless a really just cause for it is warranted.

However there are individuals who are constantly attacking and are generally offensive to other users of the forum. There are many people on GK who simply just don't like them and frankly don't want to tolerate them any longer.

I don't post often unless I have something valuable contribute to the topic. I do read a lot of the topics that interest me, and often I see the same individuals start with their politics and general childish behaviour. I am sick of it and I am sure others are too. So yes I created this topic to bring the general offensiveness of the GK forums that this creates to light, so that people can discuss it and a mature and adult manner.

Mandrake (129 posts) • 0

Well you are entitled to your opinion Dazzer, but I am sure there are many who will agree with me. There is just too much politics, mud slinging and verbal abuse on the forum. Do you not think it needs to stop?

redjon77 (510 posts) • 0

You know it's funny the persona you can create about people just by reading their posts. I know no one on here in real life but do have quite a good mental picture of a lot of you on here. From kids jumping on their parents comp to old age stuffy professors looking down on everyone like their the 'creme de le creme' of humanity. I like a good debate on a bored cold night, I just think this forum will never work because of the huge difference in users, the only thing most of us here have in common is Kunming.
For me it would be weirdly funny matching the person to the avatar, if you had a line up of gokunming users do you think you could match the avatar to the face?

Anyways as a user I'd have to admit these posts make in a weird way a kind of entertaining read for 5 mins when your bored though.

SpartansSpartans (184 posts) • 0

Many here that not only write posts using ridicule and insults but that also hijack threads.
They also mob up like wasps on the forum, to better ward off their insecurities, well, couldn't be any different; this is the deal for them, not real life.
I see a bunch of pussies that would never have the guts to utter the verbal sewage that comes from their mouth to another man. So these low-lifes rejoice on this forum.

It's a daily one-time opportunity (sometimes Ad Infinitum) for them to escape their cowardice.

blobbles (958 posts) • 0

Name and shame! Hey wait, will I be named?

Actually if I am named by any poster I respect (all on this thread so far) I promise to leave and never come back.

AndrewDAndrewD (72 posts) • 0

The level of discourse on this forum is quite low. I respect the mods for the work that they do, however the complete lack of respect I have got from more than a few posters has been quite insulting.

It astounds me just how much people disrespect others on this forum. People are quite often ganged up on here if they express an opinion that is different from that of the status quo.

Often it's over such trivial matters as which MiXian is the best, or which hospitals do testing, ect... Almost every thread on here devolves into a pissing contest.

One user I had a disagreement with even went so low as to publish private emails to him when I decided to extend an olive branch and try to raise the level of maturity in the conversation. It's a clear violation of privacy and a perfect example of kind of bullying that goes on here.

When that happened I reported it to a mod and they handled it amicably.

Other than that all I can say is that I agree with the others on this thread about not feeding any trolls.

Related forum threads

Login to post