GeogramattGeogramatt (203 posts) • 0

Bulangshan (布朗山)
Yiwu (易武)
Yaoqu (瑶区)
Xiding/Bada (西定/巴达)
Ganlanba (橄榄坝)
Nannuoshan (南糯山)
XTBG (热带植物园)

The best way to see Xishuangbanna is definitely by bike. Much of the scenery is along routes connecting these various places.

hanshan (32 posts) • 0

I agree with Geogramatt, bike is cool. Or you can use local bus and walk. For example take bus From Menghai to Xiding and make trip to Bulang village name Zhanglang, there sleep one night in some locals home (cost 50 or sometimes more for bed and some food), then walk from this beautiful Bulanf village to Bada village. There can sleep - now have new hotel 80yuan. From there can make trips around, or walk to Daluo.

In Xishuanbanna is really a lot nice places but not easy to find them without local friends.
Great is if you find some minority holiday and go to there, their holidays are very nice and people are friendly, very friendly.

Elisa (174 posts) • 0

It's not cheap, but the canopy walk at Skytree was very cool if you're into that sort of thing. Some education about canopy biology would have been nice though - the education center was fairly lame.

Bonus - the boat ride featured a dead, bloated pig floating in the river!

Elisa (174 posts) • 0

Um, I need to check with my husband, but we took a bus to....Mengla? Then another little bus from there to the entrance. The return bus only comes once an hour, so that was a pain in the ass, but we got back. I'll make him come post here with details :)

Elisa (174 posts) • 0

I'll add that it was 70 to just go in, 120 for the choice of canopy rope bridges or "rainforest covered bridge"* and a combo ticket for 193 got you a little spin on the river too. The boat used to take you to the entrance, but it's now a round trip because there's some construction on a little island and they built a supply bridge that blocks the boat path. I hope that's temporary. Parts of the boat ride are pretty if you have time, but we rode through lots of debris and past a dead pig. The shuttle that gets you down to the entrance does not wait, so pay attention to the schedule.

*I didn't see the covered bridge, but I assume it wasn't nearly as cool.

Related forum threads

Login to post