GoKunming Forums

Learning English in a secure setting

pippippip (6 posts) • 0

I have been teaching for many years now both in the United Kingdom and also here in Kunming. I attended University at Sheffiled and also Hull in the UK, and I hold TESOL and also an advanced teaching certificate for early years teaching. I will be in Kunming in September 2014, and I am available for teaching at either group level or on a one-to-one basis.

As for the many other companies or individuals that are offering teaching services in Kunming, trust me when I say that most are not checked for background criminal checks, and a lot are not even qualified or experienced in teaching, and should not be trusted with being in the company of your children.
As for myself, I am a qualified social worker who has been thoroughly checked for working with children and young people, in addition to having an excellent education and experienced in working with and teaching children and young people. If you would like to talk to me on the issue of security and teaching, please contact me here.

Philip

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

Shouldn't this be in classifieds? How do they know they can 'trust' you? Just because you say it? You're a funny dude. Documents can be doctored. Don't make 'trust me' your selling point because it sounds very suspicious. Just my 2 cents.

OceanOcean (1193 posts) • 0

Try posting in Classifieds, Philip, ideally without the slur on other Kunming-based teachers.

nnoble (889 posts) • 0

Congratulations OP on parachuting yourself onto GK and scoring 2/2 for incredibly ill-thought out posts.

pippippip (6 posts) • 0

The reality of it all is that there are a lot of individuals and companies in Kunming that are not to be trusted. They work with Chinese kids and their backgrounds are not checked. And some companies that employ them need to carry this out...which they can. That is just the reply you get 'funny dude' when the truth hits home?

pippippip (6 posts) • 0

Slur or not, its the truth! I have been in and out of Kunming for over 15 months teaching at a qualified level, and some of the teaching I have witnessed from westerners is rubbish.

Famous last words heard over and over "trust me". I'm not saying that there aren't bad teachers or pedophile teachers or even abusive teachers. Let the potential students you're trying to recruit determine how good you are. No need to say "trust me". If they like you as a teacher, they will continue to use your services.

pippippip (6 posts) • 0

I have not just parachuted into Kunming. I have been in and out of China for many years, and gained valuable insight into many issues, and also the exploitation of English language teaching. I have witnessed some companies and individuals that are driven by making money as a main priority over correct education, and yes...I am in Kunming to confront that and operate fairly for the benefit of children and young people and their families. Not just for money...strange to some people...but true.

pippippip (6 posts) • 0

Please dont teach me how to 'suck eggs'. I have always gained my students trust without exception, and maybe you have been let down with trust? But I am confident to say the word 'trust' because I can. And if I can disclose other people's bad practice and threat to others, then I will.

You're not going to achieve anything positive here. It just sounds like your ranting. You're preaching to the choir. Ha..ha. Good Luck!

Related forum threads

Login to post