Though happy with the friendly service, I'm not too impressed with the food quality vs. price ratio. Also, the vietnamese coffee comes without condenses milk as it would be served in Vietnam or next door, in vintage.
This is about the Prague on Wen Lin Jie:
Service has not been bad really. I have been there three times, but the food is not that great really. People fawn over this place and I am convinced many laowai have become simply desperate.
> I ordered a 28RMB veggie burger that was a scoop of mashed potatoes on a hamburger bun. WHAT! You try to eat it and the mashed potatoes drip out the sides. What a farce. The total product cost here was probably 2 or 3 kuai at most.
> The Alredo pasta was okay but nothing worth going back for, and the portion was extremely small and expensive.
> The "American" breakfast people told me about was another expensive let down.
- Ordered a side of ham as I was really hungry. It arrived about ten minutes before my breakfast. So, of course I have snacked it to oblivion by then.
- When my breakfast arrive my over-easy eggs (you can select egg styles on the menu but seems the cook does it how he/she wants to anyway) were not over-easy. The yokes were broken and the eggs were getting cold and hard from sitting on the counter. They were rubbery in fact by this time.
- The "breakfast sausage" link is a grilled hotdog. I like one the chicken flavored ones form Paul's. A chicken hotdog become breakfast sausage. HAHAHA. At least it was that canned Chiniese spam stuff they always called this or that.
- I get the staple of every American breakfast however. What is that? A pancake? Hashbowns? Biscuit and gravy? NO, the traditional American breakfast salad that consists mostly of cucumbers and cherry tomatoes.
- After all of that I am chatting with my wife and my toasted roll arrives! So late I had forgotten about it. they had even cleared the table off already. Took nearly 30 minutes to get a roll.
How much for all of this "authentic" American breakfast cuisine? Counting the added side of ham, 48 RMB!!! Eight dollars!
God, how can anybody give this place five stars. Owner's and their friends no doubt.
It might be worth identifying which Prague venue you are reviewing.
When I first arrived in Kunming I did a tour of Wenlin Jie. I did't like the look of Prague.
More recently I have used Prague in Beichen a lot and I like it.
Ref the comment @nonsecond about being made sick from raw apple, WTF?
so prague, i like prague, the service is good, food is good, pricing is to high, and the wait is horrendously long, especially if you order pizza, especially when im starving, fuuuuuuuck.
but when i get that pizza, man that makes me cum, that pizza is good mang.
I really liked the cozy sidewalk cafe atmosphere, and always considered stopping by for a cup of coffee sometime. My friend wanted to treat me to some dessert on my birthday. We were pretty excited about ordering some apple pie a la mode. But when the waitress finally brought it out, the "apple pie" was just a mound of shredded apples stuffed in a stale pie-crust slice. We laughed it off and drank some coffee instead. It wasn't a horrible experience. But especially because my friend got sick from the uncooked shredded apples, I don't think I'll be going back anytime soon!