GoKunming Forums

Bitcoin in Kunming?

jopasny (184 posts) • 0

I know bitcoin has no legal status or monetary value in PRC, and that businesses can't really engage in bitcoin transactions, but is there anyone (or anybody know of anyone else) who's into bitcoin/cryptocurrency?

jopasny (184 posts) • 0

getting btc would be good, since I can't do it from my bank account back home. I've just been getting into cryptos a lot recently and am more or less just looking for someone to talk to about it with, maybe discuss mining possibilities (for something profitable, not btc), etc. If anyone has btc to sell, that's also a plus.

lawlz0mg (201 posts) • 0

There are many ways to get btc in china, you just can't use Chinese payment methods since they are all blocked (paypal, prepaid visa codes, vcc's) Mining is pointless unless you have a large income to drop on it for the machine, electric and maintenance. Plus the dust and heat here will totally degrade your machine in a matter of a few months. There are other profitable method than mining but tbh you don't want to touch b-hat methods in china. There are website that have away free btc for ads if you have an old laptop you can setup a simple script to visit or refresh and captcha bypass is really easy.

jopasny (184 posts) • 0

thanks for the suggestions. I've deduced a bank account —> btc china account is the only way to buy any here. Investing in mining is an option, but I'm reluctant since the payout only diminishes. It's a little less dusty where I am though, so it would be easier to maintain a clean machine.

Don't know if I can stand those btc faucets, they hardly even pay out pennies.

jopasny (184 posts) • 0

Yeah, I wouldn't even consider mining btc at this point. Would have to be an easier coin that I could exchange or has its own potential.

Mandrake (129 posts) • 0

I myself am quite keen on bitcoin mining, I have tried on my laptop, but unfortunately have an nvidia card, which sucks for mining. I am considering custom building a desktop, computer with 2 top of the range AMD GPU's and decent cooling to get started, and then use the bitcoins earned to later invest in mining hardware that can run at a terahash a second. I have done research and seen that you can buy the hardware with bitcoins. First need to get my other business up and running, and profitable before I look at investing in hardware for mining.

Related forum threads

Login to post