GoKunming Forums

Americans who move to China, only to eat nothing but McDonald's.

Magnifico (1981 posts) • 0

"Do u think anyone with a different diet automatically looks down on those who follow a different diet?"

I spend quite a bit of time on health-related forums. Things get a bit heated sometimes between vegetarians and non-vegetarians. But I guess it's not any different than people debating any other controversial issue. If you have strong beliefs about something, it's normal that you will get emotional when debating it or defending your view. Or even try to convert someone to your point of view.

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

"Ovo-lacto-vegetarian, maybe."
Scott Pilgrim: "Ovo-what?"
Todd: "I partake not in the meat, nor the breastmilk, nor the ovum, of any creature with a face."

atwillden (109 posts) • 0

@Mag & Dai,

2/3 of the entire human population might be a bit high, but among certain groups its probably a reasonable figure. Europeans/Mid-Easterners/some N Asian populations are more likely to struggle getting all their nutrition from a vegan diet as they're adapted to process dairy more so than other groups. Similarly younger kids need higher intakes of protein for brain growth (which can be had from nuts, dairy, etc, but they need to eat quite a bit of them), and people with iron deficiencies (esp. women) have a hard time getting enough iron intake without meat or very tailored supplements and specific vegetarian diets.

nnoble (889 posts) • 0

Animals intended for consumption? Sure, that's why they're made of meat.......

Daithi (426 posts) • 0

It really pisses me off when people high-handedly try to tell me how to live my life. I totally understand that feeling. But I think the manic "meat is murder" fanatics are quite rare. I have personally never met one. Im an "each to their own" man.

Magnifico (1981 posts) • 0

I went to a Chinese restaurant the other day. I ordered da pan ji (?). It cost me 70 kuai and the chicken pieces were predominantly bone. I've had some good dapanji in the past, but I guess this particular restaurant owner decided to cut corners. I nearly cracked a tooth and I got ripped off. And to add insult to injury, I got a dirty sneer from the restaurant owner. Guess he doesn't like laowai.

At least with McDonald's and KFC, you know what you're getting, you're in and out in 15 minutes and you don't get harassed while you're eating.

Yeah, in an ideal world artificial insemination should be on top of everyone's minds. But this ain't an ideal world.

DonovanRawJang (1 post) • 0

there are many more options

KFC BK DICOS Pizzahut

lol
Suggest you try to take Chinese food
slowly

because western restaurants charge more
or maybe, get those ingredients and cook it yourself in the way you like or love

cheers

yankee00 (1632 posts) • 0

Many local restaurants also happen to have ridiculously high prices for the same quality of local dishes and crap service that can be found elsewhere for cheaper. Oftentimes, the customer is paying for the face-giving setting instead of a decent service.

Haali (1178 posts) • 0

I knew an American guy in HZ who ate nothing but burgers: McDonald's, BK, KFC, the odd bar burger.

Related forum threads

Login to post