GoKunming Forums

Vietnam visa

bjtokm (193 posts) • 0

sorry if this has been asked a bunch of times, but i have checked to site and found no answer....I have been to Vietnam before but the visa is in my old passport.

When you get a visa here in Kunming does the 30 days start on entry of the country ? Or, when the visa is entered into your book?

Asanee (117 posts) • 0

You designate the arrival date and then you get 1 month from that date, or if you request a longer validity visa, say 3 months, you get 3 months from the date you enter. BUT be sure to enter the day you specify, because if you enter later you'll have fewer days remaining i.e if you applied for a 1-month visa and said you would enter on 1-Aug, your permission to stay will be until 1-Sep and thus if you enter on 3-Aug, you will still only be allowed to stay until 1-Sep. However, if you wanted to stay 33 days, you could enter your entry date as say 1-Aug and departure date as 3-Sep and your visa will be stamped as valid until the date you have designated (3-Sep) because it's only slightly longer than a month. If you wanted to spend say 50 days, most likely you would be issued with a 3-month visa however.

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

A year ago it was 385rmb for a single entry 30 day. Yah, expensive. Pretty sure same price for all nationalities that require one.

Go Fish (6 posts) • 0

Current fee is 390 RMB for 30 day single entry, 550 RMB multiple entry. Regular processing time appears to be faster. Submitted my application on Wednesday afternoon last week and visa was ready for pick up on Friday.

lisen33 (1 post) • 0

Vietnam visa on arrival types are granted according to the length of staying, number of entries and visiting purpose.

According to length of staying and number of entries, ready to process following visa on arrival types:

1 month single entry visa
1 month multiple entries visa
3 months single entry visa
3 months multiple entries visa
6 months multiple entries visa

According to visiting purpose, ready to process following visa on arrival types:

Business visa: will be valid in 1 month, 3 months, 6 months.
Tourist visa: will be valid in 1 month or 3 months.
Other purposes: will be valid in 3 months or 6 months.

Soure : www.vietnam-evisa.org

Related forum threads

Login to post