GoKunming Forums

Ethnic Minority Restaurant Suggestion Sought

tommann (423 posts) • 0

Can anyone recommend a good, not overly expensive, ethnic minority restaurant in Kunming, BESIDES Dai? I love Dai, but I want to explore others. Thanks!

DanTheMan (620 posts) • 0

The Tianshan Uyghar place up north is worth remembering if you're not specifically wedded to Yunnan minorities.

For me the Aini place on Renmin Lu was fine, but not very distinguishable from Dai. The Lahu place in the listings was worth the visit.

I've also heard very good things about the Yi place on Rixin Lu. There's a Lincang/Wa place up near the North Railway Station, I believe on Jinzhou Bei Lu, that a friend visited recently and said was ok. The only other Wa place I've been to in KM, alongside Yueyatan Park, was not very good.

gbtexdoc (218 posts) • 0

I ate at a restaurant specializing in the cuisine of Zhao Tong 昭通 (NE Yunnan) a couple weeks back. Wasn't overly impressed, but perhaps we didn't order wisely. That's always a concern with such dining adventures.

It's located on Fuchun Lu 富春路 50 meters from where it enters Dongfeng Xilu. It is catty-corner 斜对面 across from KCEL and there's a large Sunning Store 苏宁电器 at the Dongfeng Xilu 东风西路 intersection which can serve as a landmark.

You will see the sign on the front of the restaurant advertising 昭通菜。 Might be worth a try.

blobbles (958 posts) • 0

This Dai place is great, never been disappointed with the food here and visited 3 times.

www.gokunming.com/[...]

Plus its on green lake and nearby Wenlin Jie. Extensive menu with pics galore, mouthwateringly excellent. Plus prices aren't too shabby either.

Related forum threads

Login to post