GoKunming Forums

coming to Kunming next week, need locating a bike motor shop

tempstay (1 post) • 0

hey guys,

I am coming next week and want to pick up a gas motor for a bicycle while I am there. After my consulting, I want to take one of those small gas motors back with me. Can anybody point me in the right direction?

thanks

lemon lover (1006 posts) • 0

All business related to motorbikes is concentrated at a compound at Jinma road (金马路) just east of the second ring road. If you dont find it there you will not find it anywhere in Kunming.

New motorbikes are no longer registered in Kunming and this has killed off the motorbike trade. Only bikes that already have a registration in Kunming, thus second hand, are sold. This mainly happens at Qianxing road (前兴路)

beni-w. (8 posts) • 0

lemon lover is not correct. Motor bikes can be registered legally in Kunming, if your residence is outside 2nd ring road.

Also new bikes, if the bike has CCC, fulfills China Emmision Standards (C3) and all duties/taxes are paid there is no limitation...Harley, BMW, Ducati, Honda and all local stuff like Benelli, Jialing, CF, Shineray, Galaxy...

CaiYuanBei Lu is the place to check, just west of the new subway station. Lots of dealers, different local brands. imported brands not Kunming yet...Shanghai 6 beijing are ports of call

Good resource with maps and coordinates on "where to" in Kunming is www.mychinamoto.com

Dazzer (2813 posts) • 0

If I was to be equally blunt, I would say, '@beni-w. is not correct.
But I won't.

@LL's and @BW's posting's were both partially correct.

@BW
There is a dealer in the Dianchi area (outside the 2nd ring road) who sells both BMW and Harley.

Related forum threads

Login to post