GoKunming Forums

Tourist Visa extension

xiaolaoshu (6 posts) • 0

Hey,

Has anyone got his/her Tourist Visa extended recently in Kunming? Is it still possible to get a 2nd extension?
Thanks

NingSi (61 posts) • 0

I would like to hear people's experiences as well.

If I come on a tourist visa, is it possible to extend it without having to travel to HK or out of the country?

Having to travel to HK or out of the country could get quite expensive over the course of a year or two.

How long was the 2nd extension for?

Thanks for any info!

tommann (423 posts) • 0

From my experience, it really depends on the agent you get. Yes, Chinese law allows extensions. If you show up well-dressed, speak some Mandarin, and are very humble and nice, you may very well get it.

marmabarney (6 posts) • 0

any updates on this more recently? I've heard it's quite difficult nowadays... Does anyone know if it's still feasible to extend a tourist visa? (I'm Australian, if that makes a difference.)

Thanks!

veravdn (44 posts) • 0

Hi, does anyone have recent experience with extending a tourist visa in Kunming? How long does it take? It's a Dutch tourist visa, given by the Chinese embassy in the Netherlands. Thanks!

michael2015 (784 posts) • +4

Take your friend to the exit entry visa office on 120-1-9 tuodonglu, go straight upstairs to the visas for foreigners floor (can't remember 3F?).

As long as the visa hasn't expired and you have a valid address (hotel, hostel, etc) they can usually complete the process within 3-5 working days, sometimes faster. For an extra fee - they can sometimes expedite things.

The usual rules about passports apply - you should have blank pages and the visa will NOT be extended beyond the expiration date of your passport. PSB prefers you have at least SIX (6) months remaining...

If your friend is staying with you or some other non-commercial (aka hotel) address - then you'll FIRST need to go register at the local PSB - which should've been done within 24 hours of their temporary residence with you.

Related forum threads

Login to post