GoKunming Forums

8 Major Lakes in Yunnan

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

Yunnan Province has 8 major lakes with areas of over 30 square km (12 sq mi). They include:

1. Dianchi Lake - Kunming.
www.hugoyunnantravel.com/des_kunming.asp?page=9
2. Fuxian Lake - Yuxi - the second deepest lake in China.
www.hugoyunnantravel.com/des_yuxi.asp?page=3
3. Erhai Lake – Dali.
www.hugoyunnantravel.com/des_dali.asp?page=6
4. Lugu Lake - Ninglang County, Lijiang.
www.hugoyunnantravel.com/des_lijiangb.asp?page=5
5. Qilu Lake - south of Fuxian Lake in Tonghai, Yuxi.
6. Yangzong Lake - Yiliang County, Kunming.
7. Yilong Lake – Shiping County, Honghe.
8. Xingyun Lake – Jiang Chuan Sea – Yuxi.

DanTheMan (620 posts) • 0

Dude, maybe considering becoming an advertiser on this site? There can be a fine line between spam and useful forum content and it's a bit hard to see which side you're on with a few of these recent posts.

Geezer (1953 posts) • 0

Hugo is okay. I really appreciate his temple information and have used it to seek out a few. His website is an excellent source for info on Yunnan. He has even offered to take me to some temples with no mention of a fee. I'd say he is a pretty good guy (for a Marine anyway ;-) ).

Full disclosure: Never met the man and would not recognize him if I ran into him. Further, we do disagree on many things but he is willing to share his work and knowledge. Don't judge him by his wacko conspiracy theories.

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

Dantheman - if you dont like what you see then move on. I am not your Dude! I did not ask for your opinion nor your feelings on the matter. I can clearly see what side you are on by the content of your posts. The day you take ownership of this website you can do whatever you want. This post would have moved to the bottom of the list had you not commented here.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

I see nothing wrong with the OP.
If anything it is adding free content to GoK, and is a service to GoK.
I believe that the links are to a not for profit, non-commercial website.

I fully echo @Geezer's second paragraph.

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

Thanks for your support Tiger and Geezer. It is obvious Dan has never bothered to read the home page which clearly states - This website provides you with FREE information to help you prepare your DIY travel.

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

I agree too. Hugo really enjoys sharing the information with no strings attached. It is always helpful especially for those that just arrive to Kunming and even for those of us who have been here awhile. Thanks for sharing!

DanTheMan (620 posts) • 0

Apologies, I'm not familiar with Hugo's body of work. When I went to his website, I saw the word "tours," which in the web context usually connotes a commercial travel service, and I lept to the assumption that it was a commercial website.

Hugo, no need to be snippy. You are my dude. Whether or not I am your dude is up to you.

mike4g_air (788 posts) • 0

What about the lake 50 km S.E. of Lijiang??(as the crow flies)

It's 19 km long by 5km wide??

Dont know the name of it..

Related forum threads

Login to post