GoKunming Forums

Chinese Cuisine

chelsbels84 (6 posts) • 0

Hey everyone!

My classmates and I want to try the 8 main types of Chinese cuisine while we're studying here in Kunming. Soooo, I was wondering if anyone could recommend some authentic restaurants for us to try out for any of the following regional styles: shan dong (鲁菜), si chuan (川菜), jiang su (苏菜), guang dong (粤菜), zhe jiang (浙菜), fu jian (闽菜), an hui (徽菜)and hu nan (湘菜). Also, any recommendations for dishes to try would also be welcome!!

Thanks!!!

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

Authentic is going to be an issue with shandong, fujian, anhui, and hunan. Haven't seen anything resembling those cuisines here. Though for hunan, actually, I think a Mao restaurant opened just behind Alei bar. Also, there is a hunan cafe style eatery on Luofeng jie that's half decent.

I think for sichuan and yuecai you should have plenty of options, though the yuecai places are mostly fancy and pricey.

Can't comment on zhejiang. Never eaten there.

looksu (1 post) • 0

I am a local "Yunannese". I recommend the yunnan cuisine or "dian cai" which is various in types due to different combination of styles of Han' s food and ethinic minorities'.

Sadly, as a CHinese, I have never had the REAL Zhejiang, Anhui, Jiangsu and Fujian styles, maybe because I have limited travel experience in East China. Anyway, wish you find all eight main styles! Later, you can share them with us. I also would like to give some tips of Yunnan style if u prefer.

Related forum threads

Login to post